PDA

View Full Version : YoYo's arn't working

Andy123
Mon Jul 28, 2008, 07:57 AM
Hey
I recently got some yoyo loaches and they were fine for the first day. After that they harassed my discus alot. eating away at the discus slime coat is not the best way to start off a new life in a new tank. When ever I get new loaches(clowns or yoyo's) they will not co-operate with the discus. :evil: Anyoying really as they are great fish.

Just an insight into what is happening with my loaches. Hope nobody else has a problem like this.
Andy

Matt15
Mon Jul 28, 2008, 10:14 AM
I've been considering a few different types of loaches to help control my snail population but i'm yet to hear any positive experienced comments.

Thx for sharing Andy....;)

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Jul 29, 2008, 04:12 AM
I have no problems with my Khuli Loaches.

Ado

TW
Tue Jul 29, 2008, 04:54 AM
Hi Ado,

Do khuli eat snails?

Cheers, Robyn

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Jul 29, 2008, 04:57 AM
Only small ones. I have seen them trying to get into my larger snails but they tend to leave them be.

Clown loaches are the best for snail control. What problems have you had with them?

Ado

Matt15
Tue Jul 29, 2008, 06:42 AM
There are so many varring opinions with using loach varieties for snail control. I've heard alot of negative advice about using clowns but some good advice about using a dwalf type of loach. I know i've asked this question here before and i'll ask again. What types of loaches are BEST for controlling snails in a planted discus tank.

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Jul 29, 2008, 06:51 AM
What type of snails?

Ado

Hollowman
Tue Jul 29, 2008, 09:02 AM
I have had Clown Loaches before, and never saw any difference in the snail population. They were too busy fighting the dicus for food to be bothered with snails.
I got rid of the clowns because they were too aggressive towards the discus too.
I know they look nice, but their scatty behaviour makes them (imo) the wrong tankmates for discus tanks.

Hollowman

ILLUSN
Tue Jul 29, 2008, 09:51 AM
clown completely removead all ramshorn snails from my tank.

they wont touch live baring cone snails though.

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Jul 29, 2008, 10:30 AM
clown completely removead all ramshorn snails from my tank.

they wont touch live baring cone snails though.

I dont know of a loach that will....

Ado

rwel4809
Tue Jul 29, 2008, 10:38 AM
my pygmy chain loaches are great fun to watch and I think they keep my snail population reasonably under control... they never bother my Discus either...

R