PDA

View Full Version : Take them out or not?

faeriee
Sun Jul 27, 2008, 08:34 AM
Last weekend I moved my 6 Angels a 4 little tetra things into my 6 foot tank.
This afternoon i noticed eggs on one of the plants leaves.

Could anyone help me i dont know what i should do next do i take them out leave them where they are or get one of the breeding container thingos?

thanks
Kris :?:

Merrilyn
Sun Jul 27, 2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Kris. You can take the leaf out with the eggs on it and put in a separate tank to hatch.

Don't like the mesh breeder containers. I find that the angels will suck the fry through the mesh, and you lose them anyway. They're much safer in a tank of their own.

Naturally you'll need to do daily water changes, and of course they need their own (cycled) sponge filter and a heater. Angel babies grow quite well without their parents, so long as you feed them 4 times a day on newly hatched brine shrimp.

Big Daddy1
Thu Aug 21, 2008, 01:01 AM
How did it go?

I just sold a pair of breeders.

faeriee
Thu Aug 21, 2008, 05:00 AM
not so great lol first lot got sucked up into the filter (separate tank) 2nd lot i left in the main tank and they got eaten over night and the third lot disapeared one by one so next time i will leave them till they are free swimmers and remove them making sure i have stocking over the filter or put them in a breeding net in the separate tank

faeriee
Thu Aug 21, 2008, 05:03 AM
Oh dear lol looks like i need the tank ready i just found some wrigglers lol no idea where they came from hehehehe i have 2 breeding pairs in my tank lol i cant keep up

Big Daddy1
Thu Aug 21, 2008, 01:05 PM
Two pair in one tank! How are they keeping scales on their bodies? My pair were mean, mean, mean!

I used a ten gallon with sponge filter and air stone to move water. Methylene Blue will keep them from getting fungi on them. I fed them baby brine. Oh ya, I took them at about the 24 hour period.

I would also stay away from the breeding nets. Bad idea, they need a small tank by themselves to hatch and grow. Water change daily. I used airline to get the water out and stuff off the bottom to prevent sucking them out.

It is difficult getting started but once you get it, you got it.