PDA

View Full Version : Para-gone

Rgoganj
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 03:01 AM
Hello,

Has anyone used Aquasonic Para-gone ?

I read the instructions and it reads that temp to be below 27c.

I think my fish have parasites, they keep scratching, but I can't see any parasites.

Water conditions are fine
10 % change daily
Amonnia and nitrites 0
temp 28c
ph 6.6
Gh 80 ppm

weird
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 06:00 AM
Is it just Praziquantal ?

Rgoganj
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 07:25 AM
Dave,

Aquasonic's Para-gone is trichlorfon

weird
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 07:57 AM
Never used it.
Found this link which may be useful
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/meds/medication9a3.html

I would do a google for trichlorfon and discus.

For treating ich (Ichthyophthirius multifilis), the usual treatment recommended here is salt and increase in temperature to about 32-34 degrees for about 1-2 weeks. I have effectly treated discus with this before.

If this fails for white spot/velvet I usually hed down the path of a malachite green/formalin combination.

DiscusMan
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 08:17 AM
I am jsut throwing htis in to the equation.

I have read before that discus do get itchy from time to time and that a bit of a rub on something is no need to be alarmed.

I have no idea how much your guys are doing it but i thought i would just add that in

Wayne

ozarowana
Mon Jan 10, 2005, 12:37 AM
You should maybe try increasing water changes before you medicate them for scratching.

I know Rod uses trichlorofon for flukes. IME works pretty well and cheaper than prazi.

Rgoganj
Mon Jan 10, 2005, 01:49 AM
Thanks ozarowana,

Have been doing 10% a day.

ozarowana
Mon Jan 10, 2005, 06:02 AM
Is your tank newly setup? A system which is not fully mature will stress fish lowering their ability to fight off disease.

Gravel or bare bottom? Make sure you remove all waste and vacuum thoroughly if gravelled. It's amazing the amount of waste these fish produce.

The more water (preheated etc) you change the better. It's up to you how much you want to do.