PDA

View Full Version : updated pic of my discus

luvmydiscus
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 04:09 AM
Just thought I would post an update pic of my discus. I have noticed that there is more turquoise coloring coming on the body, is this what happens as they get older? This discus is not full grown yet and still quite young.

jim
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 04:50 AM
very nice...hope it will turn out well when full grown

weird
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 04:50 AM
Very cute. :mrgreen:

africandiscus
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 04:58 AM
Looks good

DiscusMan
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 08:15 AM
That is a very attractive looking fish. The stress bars are nice and straight are they that uniform on the other side as well? The eye is a bit dark in the photo is it lighter in real life?

Keep feeding him well and it will make a very nice adult.

Wayne

ctvu
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 10:33 AM
Nice shape !!

luvmydiscus
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the compliments. I am so happy to even have a discus. The bars are the same on both sides and the eye if you look really well there was a shadow over that area of the fish. I opened the window blinds and took this photo with the natural sunlight shining in the tank. I took several but this one had the least amount of shadowing.

It is amazing how fast this fish has grown since October. I only have one and completely happy with just the one. My angel fish and this discus are buddies. I am starting to loose some of my old white clouds and cherry barbs now. But hey, after having them for 3 years I guess I cannot complain.

Once they all go I will replace them with some nice schooling fish for the discus and angel fish.

Thanks again....luvmydiscus :D

weird
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 06:02 AM
He seems to be going very well. I remember your tank was very well planted. Looks like he has a good home and discus friend.

luvmydiscus
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks weird for your reply. I would love to have more plants in my tank. I am just battling with my amazon sword plant. I don't have the gravel depth nor the proper lights for it. But it still seems to be hanging in there.

I know the plants that will do much better in my tank setup now along with my java fern so oneday I will get some different easy keeping low lighting plants. Right now alot of our stores here don't have a good selection due to the winter conditions and they rely on shipping stuff here alot of stuff never comes in. I have enough plants to keep me going though.

I wish I new if this Discus was a male or female. I know my angel is a female as her partner was taken back to the LFS as I did not want to breed angels. I bought two angels in hopes they would not be of the same sex, ya right. So they only layed eggs twice and ate them both times. Their bonding was not deep yet so that is why I got rid of the male, very aggressive to.

I used to breed angels on a large scale and as the saying goes "been there and done that". Just did not want to do it anymore, I love my tank just as it is and so happy with my discus and angel whom get along so well.

Hey does anyone know what gene pool this discus is from?

luvmydiscus.... :)