PDA

View Full Version : Bolivian Ram in Discus Tanks

cityguy
Sat Jun 28, 2008, 01:30 PM
Have anyone tried keeping Bolivian Ram's in Discus tanks as mates ? I am seeking some idea, as they are a new addition to the LFS and looks very attractive.

vanessa messig
Sat Jun 28, 2008, 01:49 PM
You should have no problems, I have been reading about Rams in general and they are all very well suited with discus.
I used to have a couple of German rams, they were beautiful but very sensative. You should have one male to two or three females though.

waitaki
Sat Jun 28, 2008, 02:33 PM
yeap cityguy, they go well in the discus tanks. As long as they have their own space they are fine. With Bolivians I would only have 1 male 1 female, they are territorial. They only spawn when the female feels like it - not that often, headache after headache {snigger snigger}
as Vanessa said Blue rams are good tank mates s well.

vanessa messig
Sat Jun 28, 2008, 02:50 PM
and lots of good hiding places for the female!

cityguy
Sat Jun 28, 2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks Vanessa and Waitaki, appreciate your help.

BigDaddyAdo
Sun Jun 29, 2008, 11:53 AM
I have both German Blue and Bolivian Rams with my discus.

Ado

jesx57
Thu Jul 17, 2008, 08:45 AM
I've kept both Bolivians and Blues before and they are very interesting to watch. It can be hard to tell between male and female if you're looking at juvies, I bought 2 males of both species (bad luck!) and they did quibble, but that shouldn't be a problem providing you allow enough space and hide outs for them. Enjoy your fish!