PDA

View Full Version : corys?

kalebjarrod
Tue Dec 28, 2004, 11:20 AM
would my corys have laid these eggs?

they are the only thing i have in the tank? other than snails?

what is going on, there are three batchs laid around one wall

will bn eat them? i just added 10 babys?

i have just got home from holidays and i am a little confused

dreamer
Tue Dec 28, 2004, 11:53 AM
i'd say its cory's eggs .....they like to spawn on the wall ... if you want to keep them, you can take the eggs by scraping them gently off the wall and put into a small tank with air stone and add few drops of blue meths.

bn will definitely welcome those eggs as compliment to their daily zuchini :)

kalebjarrod
Tue Dec 28, 2004, 08:21 PM
looks like i'm off to the shops!

do i need to heat the water?

dreamer
Tue Dec 28, 2004, 09:24 PM
...and a heater of course

weird
Tue Dec 28, 2004, 10:24 PM
Ryan , KING of the corys ! wohoo ! kewl.

kalebjarrod
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 03:03 AM
alright so i am about to remove them but i have a problem

A. no small tank, what about a tupperware container floating in a larger tank? should keep it heated and i will add the air stone off course

B. no meth blue, i have a methblue, malachitegreen and acriflavine combo, how will that work?

C. what should i get ready to feed the little guys if they hatch?

weird
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 05:02 AM
You might have to consider picking up a small tank. I would borrow a sponge filter from one of your existing tanks.

I was having a quick search on the internet, I was overwhelmed by the amount of information out there.

One site had the following info in regards to food and removing the eggs:
http://www.fishtanksandponds.com/breeding/breeding_corydoras.htm

Remove eggs: roll on to your fingers (might want to reread that section.)

Food: QUOTE: "The fry were fed after 48 hrs, first on micro worm and after a further day on newly hatched brine shrimp"

Well done Ryan, I was thinking about breeding corys next ... you beat me to it. Congrats :D

I think Kev had success with breeding pygmy corys, should be the same principles I guess. He may be able to directly answer your questions.

kalebjarrod
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 06:51 AM
yeah dave i have read over the article and have a better understanding of the setups

i think i will go and buy a smaller tank tomorrow and hope the eggs are still thier

jim
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 10:09 PM
From the picture...it looks like the eggs belong to your snails' :? :D

Majesticaquatic
Tue Jan 25, 2005, 05:04 PM
Last comment MAY be truer than you know...... You do have snails so... maybe they are snail eggs ??????????????????
I would bet on Cories tho as they are colony breeders and scatterers...
Excellent chance to have some FUN.. :D

kalebjarrod
Tue Jan 25, 2005, 10:06 PM
unfortunatley i did not have time to do any thing about these eggs as my BN have been laying constantly, i must have 300 babies in different sizes now

lot of work when you only have a couple of small tanks left to house and raise them in!