PDA

View Full Version : The Passion of Christ

Proteus
Thu Mar 11, 2004, 08:50 PM
Has anyone been to see this movie???

Having now been to the cinema and watching it I am VERY intersted to hear thers opinions of what I consider to be the most powerful movie that I have ever seen...

At least 8-10 people walked out half way through, and many more were still sitting crying when the movie and credits had finished... Also, an acquantance went to see the movie purely for the gore factor (sicko) but afterwards felt totally moved by what they saw... where in most movies the bloodshed or violent images may last 5-30 seconds, in some sections of this movie they last 15 minute, which added to the power of the story...

Considering the entire movie is in subtitles, I feel that it was even more realistic and hard hitting with Aramaic being the language of prominence.

No matter what has been said in the media this is one movie I would recommend EVERYONE to see, not because of the religious conentations, but the story of what one man endured due to HIS beliefs...

I usually try and steer well away from Politics, Race & Religion etc on forums, but this was a movie which has had an effect on the way I view many things, and I am very curious to hear what others have to say, good or bad...

flukes
Fri Mar 12, 2004, 11:50 AM
I had the same feeling with braveheart and gladiator :lol: :?
Just joking but now i want to see it..

kevkoi
Sat Mar 13, 2004, 01:05 PM
Watched it....
I don't know what to say really. It's gory.... But I have to agree it's very powerful.