PDA

View Full Version : What grinds my gears

AHC
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 01:48 AM
You know what grinds my gears? Duplicate posts. I have fast internet speeds at work so its not the slowness that, in the end, results in the duplicates with my impatience. And im the only one that seams to duplicate post so its not the site. I have no idea how it happens but it has to be something im doing wrong. I submit once then it posts but somtimes i submit once and it goes blank and freezes. I refresh the screen and Wooska. A freakin duplicate! :evil: :oops: next duplicate i get the monitor is going out the 21st window. :twisted:

I apologise to everyone for my duplicate posts. :cry:

TW
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 02:47 AM
Same happens with me sometimes. I usually ask the admins to delete my double posts, if I notice it's happened.

AHC
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 02:51 AM
ok cool. Just a PM through to them?

TW
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 03:07 AM
Yes, that's what I do. You have just changed your avatar - last I looked it was discus

AHC
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 03:21 AM
ok thanks heaps.

Yeah i was trying to put the photo that deb enhanced of me in Amazon Lounge but it was too small. So went for something different in the end. Its not one of my fish like the other Avatars ive had. Its a nice shot though. :)

TW
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 03:22 AM
yes, very nice shot

Matt15
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 01:31 PM
Aaron & Robyn something which may cause this?

If/when your using Internet Explorer, do you open ONE page only and use the BACK and FORWARD arrow/buttons to view each thread?

If this is the case then thats is most likely why your getting double posts.

An idea or something to try is when using the newest version of Internet Explorer open each thread in a NEW TAB. Its the most effective and efficient way to surf the web. For me anyways.... :wink:

HTH

AHC
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 11:23 PM
Oh yeah, thanks Matt. I sometimes use the Back/Forward and i sometimes use the sites directory trails. It depends. I will deffinately try the new windows as i dont usually do this. Will trial it and hopefully makes a difference.