PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds Forum.

The Old Bill
Thu May 29, 2008, 06:27 PM
Hi Proteus,

May I suggest that you ask members, that when entering a "Buy" or "Sell" that they at least put in their "State", it would be even better if they could add the "Suburb" also.
It saves a lot of time, looking at posts that are to far away to be practical.

Thanks, The Old Bill.

zar
Thu May 29, 2008, 10:24 PM
I totally agree with Old Bill, location of the seller in the subject would be very useful.

Nitecongt
Fri May 30, 2008, 01:40 AM
that would be sweet idea The Old Bill

how about modify the buy sell section into states.

SA buy n sell
Qld buy n sell
Nsw buy n sell

then people can put a post in their state..... easy. if you cant find anything local you can check out whats in other states....easy. :)

zar
Fri May 30, 2008, 02:06 AM
What about items then that people are ready to post australia wide? They'd have to post it on all three forums to ensure everyone sees it.

I dont know php nor have i ever maintained a forum but is it possible to write some code to add the location of the user automatically to the subject name when he submits a post in the classifieds forum?

The problem i can think of is that some don't have a location specified, but maybe it can alert the user then to add a location to his/her profile or make location a compulsory field in the profile anyway.

Just a thought.

ILLUSN
Fri May 30, 2008, 02:19 AM
its a requirement of the posting in the classifides that a location MUST be specified.

Cichlabxr
Fri May 30, 2008, 11:51 PM
you and everyone else on this forum

it would be great to hear
from breeders continuously
when they breed and want to sell stock
but
noone advertises on this forum

discus21

Does anyone know why this is the case?

Obviously serious breeders have contacts they regularly supply but what about advancing the hobby.

I thought one purpose of forums like this was to encourage people to join the hobby.
There seems to be a distinct shortage of available stock from verified sources.

Regards Martin

discusluver
Sat May 31, 2008, 06:12 AM
hi all check out my classifieds in melb they are a small start maybe i can help trigger aussie breeders to start selling more stock :D i am a hobbiest that is always willing to part with young if i have luck in my breeding program :D

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hi Proteus,

May I suggest that you ask members, that when entering a "Buy" or "Sell" that they at least put in their "State", it would be even better if they could add the "Suburb" also.
It saves a lot of time, looking at posts that are to far away to be practical.

Thanks, The Old Bill.

Noted and already instituted Bill.

This rule was brought in over 4 years ago.

If any of the mods see a classified post without a location, they will remind the poster. If it's not rectified within a week, the post is removed.