PDA

View Full Version : Head standing

Escher
Sun Dec 19, 2004, 11:42 PM
If it was training for sincronised swimming I might have been happy, but this fish, after loosing its partner, has been in head standing position for a week!!! It will come and chase food to some extent; if chased it will swim relugarly. But the minute it stops, it goes head down. A course of triple-sulphur tablets and two "tubing" of panacur, have had no effect.
Water parameters are ok.
I might try metro next; but really I have no idea what I am fighting here. Any ideas??? PLEASE! :( :( :(

kalebjarrod
Mon Dec 20, 2004, 06:25 AM
sorry never heard of it!

Escher
Fri Dec 24, 2004, 03:49 PM
Not sure whether it was a late reaction to Panacur or a reaction to Flagyl, but the fish is now standing almost in a normal position. THe outlook though is NOt any brighter as it looks as is his stomack is hanging out (white stuf) so I might have to prepare for the worse.

weird
Sun Dec 26, 2004, 06:27 AM
Really sorry to hear.

Are you able to get some pictures ?

DiscusMan
Sun Dec 26, 2004, 12:53 PM
Never ahd a head stander but i have seen some and the owners say they have done it for years and are still alive, not nice ot look at IMO but they should still live.

Swim bladder problem of course but what is causign it who knows?

Add some miracle cure all "SALT" and see what happens.

Wayne

the_oracle
Sun Dec 26, 2004, 08:08 PM
I used to have this "head-standing' discus. He was feeding fine and active as the other discus. It carried on for a few months but after that he turned out for the worse. He just refused to eat and kept to himself all day long and finally starved to death. I never really treated him because I can't find any med. that really treats "head-standing" discus. LFS owners said that he might be having some problems with his swim bladder. Guess by looking at him, I think the LFS owner was right..............

Escher
Fri Dec 31, 2004, 01:31 AM
Now dead :cry:
Guppies and gold fish now looking increasingly good! :(

DiscusMan
Fri Dec 31, 2004, 02:17 AM
Thats a shame to hear.

Dont give up on Discus it is all a learning exprience.

Wayne