PDA

View Full Version : Tefe RSG

terry
Fri May 16, 2008, 02:15 PM
Here are a couple of pics of my new fish, I have had them for 10 days and they have settled in beautifully.
Cheers Terry
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~perthaqua/mypic26.JPG
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~perthaqua/mypic27.JPG

taksan
Fri May 16, 2008, 04:00 PM
They are AWESOME fish ...
Congrats !

scott bowler
Fri May 16, 2008, 11:22 PM
nice fish terry keep us posted on how they go

Merrilyn
Mon May 19, 2008, 03:41 AM
Stunning fish Terry. Tell us a bit more about them.

terry
Mon May 19, 2008, 12:59 PM
They are 14cm wild Tefe red spotted greens, 10 of them were imported by a Melbourne wholesaler via Glaser in Germany. I managed to get all of them, they are feeding on frozen bloodworms brine shrimp and beefheart Aquaone flake and Spectrum pellets. When I go into the fish room they almost jump out of the tank begging for food. It's about 25 years since I last bred Discus so it should be interesting to see how they go.

Cheers Terry

Reillin
Tue May 20, 2008, 01:41 AM
Gday Terry,

those are very nice looking fish. Unusual to see that they are very settled as a lot of wilds I have seen in people's tank are extremely nervous. However, I have only ever seen them in spartan tanks and usually only in pairs or trios. Could it be the larger numbers such as your 10 that can keep them so calm? So it looks like the goal is now to buy 10+ wilds at a time, a big task, not to mention big tanks, lol.

Cheers,
Vien.

Matt15
Tue May 20, 2008, 06:47 AM
Terry they are some great fish mate. Glad to hear they're all doing well after the long trip.

TW
Tue May 20, 2008, 01:43 PM
Stunning, beautiful fish

terry
Tue Jan 26, 2010, 02:07 PM
A pair of these fish spawned on Sunday but they ate the eggs today. It is amazing how red the eggs are compared to domestic strains. Sorry for the poor quality pic they were right at the back of the tank and hard to get in focus.
Cheers Terry

TW
Tue Jan 26, 2010, 09:52 PM
That's great. Hopefully, next spawn they won't eat them