PDA

View Full Version : APRIL DISCUS COMP FINALS VOTING

ILLUSN
Thu May 15, 2008, 11:53 PM
Please vote for your favorite from the 6 finalists.

photos can be viewed here
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16064&highlight=

you have untill 29/5/2008 to vote then the winner will be anounced.

in the event of a draw the admins will decide the winner.

ILLUSN
Fri May 16, 2008, 12:07 AM
Entry #2 TW

May as well join in the fun.

Type: Wild Royal Blue
How Long Owned: Purchased mid Feb 08 from Xtreme
Fed On: Home made Beef Heart mainly but also Frozen Brine Shrimp/Spirulina, Frozen Bloodworms, Mal's Dried Worms. Won't touch dry food so far.

ILLUSN
Fri May 16, 2008, 12:10 AM
Entry #11 fish_r

it was sold to me as an "Oriental dream" and had the fish for over 2 yrs

ILLUSN
Fri May 16, 2008, 12:11 AM
ENTRY #21 Ness

TYPE: Heckel X Red Turq
HOW LONG OWNED: Approx 8 months
FOOD: Beefheart, Bloodworms, Dry food, Earthworms etc

ILLUSN
Fri May 16, 2008, 12:13 AM
ENTRY #30 DiscusEden

I've had her for a bit over a year I think. Bought her from a sponser, sight unseen by airmail. I'm very happy with her. She's my favourite at the moment & has just laid eggs for the first time the other week.

I feed her on discus dinner, breeder's blend flakes, discus pellets, occasional live brine & other assorted flake food. The breeder's blend is the only colour feeding mine get.

I think she's about 14cm, not including the tail, but I wouldn't want to swear to it & they don't seem to like the ruler near the (outside of) the tank.

Please forgive the photography - fish_r has assured me there's nothing wrong with the camera....

ILLUSN
Fri May 16, 2008, 12:15 AM
ENTRY #40 Matt15

SAN MERAH

This semi Juvi is without a doubt the most interesting fish i've purchased. I've also owned him for about 1-1/2 months and absolutely love his grey/blue face and dark red cover.

Food: Beefheart mix, frozen blood worms, frozen brimeshrimp, freeze dried bloodworms, Saechem garlic guard.

ILLUSN
Fri May 16, 2008, 12:58 AM
ENTRY #44

Type : Red Turk
Had it for about 2+ years
Fed on various granules, Freeze Dried Blackworms and Ox heart

fish_r
Fri May 16, 2008, 08:12 AM
is it just me or is there no photo showing of my fish ?

ILLUSN
Fri May 16, 2008, 08:44 AM
is it just me or is there no photo showing of my fish ?

sorry mate little busy at work must have missed it, all good now, best of luck to everyone.

siemanthepieman
Fri May 16, 2008, 09:28 AM
I can't see my entry either, or nitecon_GT's.

fish_r
Fri May 16, 2008, 02:55 PM
np's Jothy

ILLUSN
Sat May 17, 2008, 01:23 AM
I can't see my entry either, or nitecon_GT's.

this thread is for the top 6 only, your fish didn't make the finals (not enough votes pm'd to me in the time frame)

ILLUSN
Thu May 22, 2008, 02:33 AM
1 WEEK TO GO PEOPLE KEEP THOSE VOTES COMMING IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cichlabxr
Thu May 29, 2008, 01:10 AM
ONLY 54 votes!!! How many members are there ? Pretty poor showing. Not many more than the number of entries originally submitted.

For those that did vote, I would be interested in what influenced your vote. Especially the more experienced members.

Thought it would also make an interesting education topic for the majority
of the members. Interested to know what others think. I know we already have the critique section, maybe it could be added in there.

Just a thought!!

Regards
Martin

AHC
Thu May 29, 2008, 02:30 AM
yeah i thought there would be more votes too? "Co-#21-ugh" :lol: Im backing ya ness. The first to lay a vote next the heckle x turk.

Ness
Fri May 30, 2008, 08:08 AM
Cheers to all that voted....I will be a graceful winner.....but when do I collect my prize??!?? LOL. I thought entry number #30 was the sure winner, what a nice fish! But anyways....I'm not complaining! Cheers.

ILLUSN
Fri May 30, 2008, 01:40 PM
Congrats the winner of the 1st comp for 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again to DiscusWorld for the GREAT prize, I've pm'd you detials to DiscusWorld and they'll be intouch with you soon.
Enjoy your new pair and Everyone get your cameras ready for the next comp!!!

fish_r
Fri May 30, 2008, 02:26 PM
congrats to the winner.

Ness
Fri May 30, 2008, 10:17 PM
thanks guys.....I'll be sure to post pics of my new pair when they arrive.

TW
Sat May 31, 2008, 12:32 PM
Contratulations Ness. Look forward to seeing pics fo the pair when they've settled in

DiscusEden
Sat May 31, 2008, 01:19 PM
Congratulations Ness!

Well earned - and I never thought mine was in with a chance, so thanks for the huge compliment as well!

Can't wait to see pics of your new pair when they settle in! Well done!

AHC
Sun Jun 01, 2008, 10:26 PM
Congratulations Ness - beautiful fish and i cant wait to see the prize. All finalists had fantastic fish - its a shame you all couldnt win. hehehehe. There's always next comp.

Nitecongt
Tue Jun 03, 2008, 01:38 AM
well done!! was a great battle. thanks to all those who provided the entertainment!!!!

was good fun.