PDA

View Full Version : Discus Catalogue, by Martin Ng (forum members special offer)

kevkoi
Wed Dec 15, 2004, 11:26 AM
Discus Catalogue is claimed to be the definitive book to sort out all the problems with fancy strain names.

It gives a detailed illustrated account of new colour strains and how they were developed.

Book is written by Martin Ng with help from many discus breeders and experts on the forefront of the discus scene.

This book is due to be launched internationally very soon. We have the a limited number of copies to release for early sale.

A blup about the author:

The author, Martin Ng, has been breeding Discus fish for many years. He was one of the founders responsible for forming up the Discus Society Of Malaysia in 1999 and was elected as the President until 2003. This says a lot for the writer since Malaysia is the country where the most number of varieties have been successfully bred.

He was invited as a judge in various international Discus competitions including the 2002 Duisburg International Discus Championship, and the first Malaysian International Discus Championship in the same year.

DSICUS CATALOGUE

There are more than 600 photographs in this catalogue. Every one of them was professionally taken, carefully screened and selected to provide our readers with a clearer and better understanding of Discus varieties.

The content of this book is based on author's experience and personal opinion. Due to the complexity of the Discus varieties, some specimens may have certain features and names that are different from what is described in this book. Nevertheless, as long as they have the same characteristic, they should be classified as the same variety.

The objectives of this book are to:

• Provide the latest information on Discus varieties to the Discus enthusiasts.

• Categorize all the Discus varieties based on their characteristics.

• Explain the possible ways on how each variety may be created.

Due to the versatile nature of the Discus fish, more varieties will be created in the near future. The author intends to provide information on these new varieties as and when it becomes available.

In order to provide a comprehensive and up-to-date guide to Discus enthusiasts, updated editions of this book will be published from time to time.

These books will be available at SLS to purchase at $75ea from this weekend!! SLS will be distributing these books in the new year.

chris
Wed Feb 02, 2005, 11:53 AM
I got one of these books,
Highly recomend it :!:
When are the extra pages coming for them :?: :wink:

weird
Wed Feb 02, 2005, 12:36 PM
I love that book ! My mrs got it for me for my bd from SLS.

Its in ring binder format so expect updates with new discus !

chris
Wed Feb 02, 2005, 12:47 PM
Your lucky Dave my Mrs got me some Brine shrimp and blood worms but I wasnt that hungry :roll:

kevkoi
Fri Jun 03, 2005, 08:17 AM
Regular price

$75 (reduced from $90)

DiscusForums Special (Members only)

$60

(that's 20% off the regular price)