PDA

View Full Version : Big Green wilds

dandaman352
Thu Mar 27, 2008, 06:02 AM
I actually went to my LFS the other day and they had huge "green discus" bigger then ones I had ever seen before. Now that I looked over this page again I noticed they were wilds. I would say about 7 inches and looked very healthy. The price??? 49.99 staggering. To bad those guys would probably destroy my little 3 inch discus. Or would they????

ILLUSN
Thu Mar 27, 2008, 06:18 AM
In all honesty my wilds are wimps i recon your little 3" would terroise them LOL.

benkk
Thu Mar 27, 2008, 09:09 AM
7" for 49.99 only ??

what a bargan

TW
Thu Mar 27, 2008, 11:48 AM
I would buy them, if I were you. Lucky you, if you do.

dandaman352
Thu Mar 27, 2008, 01:07 PM
You don't think they would kill or harass all my smaller fish? They would be the biggest thing in my tank BY FAR. As I said all my discus are around 3 inches and they are huge

TW
Thu Mar 27, 2008, 09:22 PM
I don't have enough exerience to comment much on that, but I do have one wild royal blue & it's my biggest by far. I have a very small alencer as well. The wild royal blue is no more a bully than any of the others. They all have their little mini confrontations, but he is usually the shyest of the lot, often backing off first. All mainly seems for show anyway - no-one ever seems really bothered.

But, if would only to tell us which LFS has these large green wilds, I'm sure they wouldn't be there much longer & you wouldn't need to worry further :wink:

gypsy3
Thu Mar 27, 2008, 11:55 PM
dan's in the US - long way to go to buy 'em :)

gypsy3
Thu Mar 27, 2008, 11:58 PM
still - it backs up my thoughts on another thread here. If you can get them for those kind of prices in the US, and it's one of the countries we can import from, why can't we get more here - even at triple or quadruple the price, they'd still be snapped up

TW
Fri Mar 28, 2008, 12:11 AM
ah, I didn't realise that. No wonder such a good price.

dandaman352
Fri Mar 28, 2008, 08:16 AM
New York, those fish are probably going to be there for a long time. Not much discus people here at all. If you ask questions about discus here your on your own.