PDA

View Full Version : Merrilyns wilds the 10 foot tank ....

taksan
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 02:19 AM
Took a few pics ......

http://gallery.mac.com/drpopper#100008&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Merrilyn
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 02:41 AM
Yes you did .... and they're wonderful :P

Thankyou honey.

nicholas76
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 05:02 AM
nice pictures honey :lol:

scott bowler
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 08:02 AM
wow they look awesome , as always Mez the fish and tank look A1 thanks taksan for the pics

discuslover
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 08:09 AM
OMG They look fantastic i am so jealous

Cheers for the chance to see a excelliant tank
Simon

Barry N
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 01:36 PM
Speechless :D :D :D

sharkies
Thu Mar 20, 2008, 02:13 AM
Taksan,

What the hell are you doing to me, I have just set up my 6x2x2 and am really happy with it , then I see the pictures of your wilds. They are great , I love the white sand you have in the bottom of the tank, notice 1 perticular fish with really brilliant red around the edges of the fins.
I like , very nice, how do I break it to the wife that I now want a tank for wilds ????????

You better have an answer cause its your fault !!

well done

Regards Gary

Matt15
Thu Mar 20, 2008, 02:31 AM
WOW... thats truely awesome..... :lol:
Merrilyn i'd proberly cringe if I knew how much you've spend on those gorgeous fish.

fish_r
Thu Mar 20, 2008, 07:27 AM
absolutely stunning Merrilyn http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/thumb.gif

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 20, 2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the lovely comments.

The 8 wild caught greens were a Christmas present from taksan :P

ILLUSN
Fri Mar 21, 2008, 01:05 AM
Hey Merrilyn, whats the fish in the Avatar?

ivo
Fri Mar 21, 2008, 04:19 AM
Very impressive set up and absolutely stunning wilds. All the pictures put together very artistic. It is like Merrilyn wild discus webpage, cool. What is the wild in the last few pictures which you also used in your avatar?

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 21, 2008, 02:48 PM
That's the largest of the wild greens.

Very intense colours and very round shape.

Taksan's favourite :P

Discus 41
Fri Mar 21, 2008, 09:25 PM
So when does the breeding program start??
youv'e gots us all waiting now with such a fantastic collection of wilds,the que is only getting longer.

ivo
Fri Mar 21, 2008, 10:43 PM
Merrilyn, they are just the best wild greens i have ever seen. i can't believe how intense the color is and the contrast of green and yellow is just amazing. can i trade one of my organs with one of your wild green?

Tracey73
Sat Mar 22, 2008, 11:42 AM
That's the largest of the wild greens.

Very intense colours and very round shape.

Taksan's favourite :P

Traceys favourite! :colour

Gajowa
Sun Mar 23, 2008, 12:18 AM
Merrilyn, simply beautifull

Barbara

Rowland
Sun Mar 23, 2008, 06:31 PM
Merrilyn congrats and good luck with such a beautiful selection. Where are those greens from, Tefe, Manaus or Nanay?

Rowland

Merrilyn
Mon Mar 24, 2008, 10:09 AM
They came from Glaser in Germany, imported by Bayfish 6 months ago.

See this post http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14412&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

taksan
Tue Mar 25, 2008, 06:18 AM
Merrilyn congrats and good luck with such a beautiful selection. Where are those greens from, Tefe, Manaus or Nanay?

Rowland

They are Novo Airao Greens out of Manaus through Glasser in Germany.

Matt15
Tue Mar 25, 2008, 07:09 AM

Don't Bayfish import tank bred wilds from Germany? So technically they aren't wild?

taksan
Tue Mar 25, 2008, 07:54 AM

Don't Bayfish import tank bred wilds from Germany? So technically they aren't wild?

They import either wilds or tank breeds .... there is no such fish as a tank bred wild.

Matt15
Tue Mar 25, 2008, 10:25 AM
Ahh ok. There's a store here in Brisbane selling Wilds for about $200ea. I believe these Wilds are from Bayfish which were originally imported from Germany. This price is much cheaper than the normal 400-500 tag regularly seen here in OZ, which led me to believe that they are tank bred. I think i'm just confused....;)

taksan
Tue Mar 25, 2008, 12:02 PM
The Bayfish german imports are wild caught Discus from Glasser in Germany.

Rowland
Tue Mar 25, 2008, 06:31 PM
We struggle to get wild caughts in South Africa, especially from Europe 'cos its so expensive. A friend and I are bringing in a shipment directly from Brazil in the next two weeks...Royals from Nhamunda, Red spotted Tefe's, Cobalt Heckels from Nhamunda, Cameta browns and Greens from Manaus. First time I am getting from this supplier, but very excited to see the discus. Will let you all know how it goes and post some pics when I have them.

vanessa messig
Fri May 16, 2008, 01:23 PM
Just Stunning Merrilyn!!!

Heiko Bleher
Sat May 31, 2008, 11:32 PM
Hi,

this is Heiko Bleher and I just wanted to tell you taksan:
1. Never was EVER a green discus found in Novo Airão found. Only Heckel discus can and do live in that area (Bleher's Discus volume I).
2. If Glaser, or anyone else gave you that information it is WRONG.
and Rowland,

I only hope you are not getting discus from Hugo Quaresma, because he is new and so far everything I have seen, was more than disappointing, and not only his videos, but also his fishes. He never has send what the people have ordered.... He is new (less than one year in Santarem, from Portugal), but knows it all...

Advices from a collector for a life-time and 400plus Amazon field trips...

All the very best,

Heiko Bleher
www.aquaporess-bleher.com

Rowland
Mon Jun 02, 2008, 08:26 AM
Hi Heiko

I appreciate your input. I have not had fish from Hugo yet. The fish I currently have, have come mainly from Turkys. Unfortunately the demand in South Africa does not warrant big orders so I have also imported some wilds from Discus Holland. Where would you suggest I get from please?

Regards
Rowland