PDA

View Full Version : Blue Snakeskin

ivo
Sat Mar 01, 2008, 04:07 PM
Got this SS couple of months ago. It nearly died on the first night due to bad handling in terms of catching the discus by the aquarium staff, PH shocked and it was attacked by many other discus. It is a strong fish it recovered the next day after i transferred it to a hospital tank.

Any comments on this SS? Hope you like it.

scott bowler
Sat Mar 01, 2008, 10:46 PM
nice fish ivo , the colour is awesome ,love the red eye , the shape looks a little of thou , but it may still be a young fish , it could be the pic too,
nice thou

ivo
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 12:15 AM
thanks scott. i think its the location where i took the picture. it was sitting in a big hole of the large driftwood so dorsal and annal fins not fully stretched. they love to mark their own holes in this driftwood. i took 20 pictures but they are either it moved when i clicked camera or other discus came in the way. It has a nice round body. I love my discus round. how are yours coming along? still breeding them?

the german
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 12:27 AM
nice fish mate,could be a bit rounder but nice colour and a really nice red eye.i like the colours in the fins.

ivo
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 12:32 AM
thanks mr german. one night i will try to take more pictures to capture it's full shape while swimming. it was an easier picture to take when it was sitting in the wood and not moving.

nicholas76
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 01:50 AM
take another picture mate shape looks a little out like german stated, probably photographers fault hehe

apart from that ... your a show off!!!!

pm who the heck do you get your fish from!

Matt15
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 05:25 AM
Yeh I would also love to know where you are buying all these great discus from. I think somebody's been holding out on us..... :D

ivo
Mon Mar 03, 2008, 12:19 AM
thanks Matt. no, i am not hiding where i bought my discus from. i am happy to tell people the sources. frankly, it is getting so difficult to find nice discus in Sydney in the last few months. there were not many new shipment nor some stand out stunning one. i often just try my luck calling different aquariums to see whether they have any new shipment then go to check it out.

anyway, as per usual i am overstock again so probably it is good that there is no stunning ones i have found recently otherwise i will have to get rid of some to make rooms.

ivo
Mon Mar 03, 2008, 12:22 AM
by the way Matt, have you checked out Pet City in Brisbane? i heard they have nice discus there. what do you think of their discus if you have been there before? thanks.

Matt15
Mon Mar 03, 2008, 05:46 AM
Yeh ivo PetCity is in the top five here in Brisbane. I haven't been there for awhile but remember them having very nice discus with a price tag to match.
I'm sorting out a larger tank atm, and i've found/contacted some new sources. So hopefully in the next month or so I too will be posting some pics of my newly acquired discus.
Sounds like we run on a simular system too, I often ring/visit around to find out when new stock is arriving, then have first view/pick at anything worth buying.

ozarowana
Wed Apr 09, 2008, 02:49 AM
I think it's shape looks ok for a youngish fish. I'd like to see it in a few months or when it fills out more. It should get more of a forehead as it matures especially if it's a male.

Great blue SS specimen you have there ivo. Body pattern is a bit blurred, hopefully will get better too.