PDA

View Full Version : Omega One Foods

dreamer
Wed Dec 01, 2004, 07:53 AM
any comment regarding this brand? the ingredients sure look good ...but i want users' opinion ...

also, where can i get ocean nutrition flake food in sydney? heard good comments regarding this brand.

cheers

Mattzilla
Wed Dec 01, 2004, 10:28 AM
it contains astaxanthin which is a natural colour enhancer..... not that many flake/pellet foods contain it.

i add it to my beefheart mix in a pure powder form and it really does bring out the colour in my discus.

Essayons89
Wed Dec 01, 2004, 11:36 AM
I'm a big, big fan of the Omega One products. The African Cichlid flakes, Tropical Flakes, Super Veggie Flakes and the Color Flakes by Omega One are pretty much the only brand of flake foods that I use.

Bryan

dreamer
Sun Dec 05, 2004, 01:56 AM
sounds like they made some good stuff ... are they expensive?

Essayons89
Sun Dec 05, 2004, 12:25 PM
Omega One makes some high quality foods. They are a little bit more than your average, run of the mill fish foods but are definately worth the cost IMO, even the discus like the flakes. :D

Bryan

weird
Sun Dec 05, 2004, 12:30 PM
I have got all my discus eating nutrafin flakes ! Happy discus eat anything ;)

I am sure Omega One Foods are great, but honestly I don't think I will be rushing out to buy their product soon but if it works for you more the merry means more variety of food we can choose ... there are just so many great alternatives .... hikari brine shrimp and blood worms, discus dinner and any flake (even gold fish flake) does the trick for me (the flake is for the other community fish but the discus end up eating it, and the community fish end up eating a bit of the discus food) ... my guys even eat nutrafin spirulina algae tablets ... though it is for other fish !!

Mattzilla
Sun Dec 05, 2004, 01:05 PM
my discus love it when i throw a spirulina wafer in the tank every day. it's meant to be for the bristle nose but the discus eat it more often than not

Essayons89
Sun Dec 05, 2004, 02:01 PM
Discus are pigs, they will eat just about anything that you put into the tank...just like angels. :P

Bryan