PDA

View Full Version : fish i found in thaliand during my honeymoon

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 02:13 AM
where we were staying only had 3 little fish shops of which only one had discus..... but they where 2 little runted ugly discus....so basically i was discus starved for 3 weeks!

there were heaps of flowerhorns which i like as well. here is a monster sized flowerhorn i saw in a shop...this female was the mother of almost all their flowerhorns they had for sale

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 02:14 AM
this was another beautiful fish they had in their shop....

is it a flowerhorn or something else?

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 02:16 AM
unfortunately i didn't get pics of any other flowerhorns but i can tell you that some of the colours and shapes of these things would blow you away. i know a lot of people don't like them but i really have a soft spot for flowerhorns

weird
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 02:57 AM
I think the bottom one is flowerhorn as well ... with hybrids the mixes are so diverse ... but still a gorgeous fish. I want !

Billy
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 03:20 AM
Hey Matt,

Wow

Are you sure thats a female on the first pic ??

My female f/h is no where close it.

Too bad we dont have high quality f/h in Aus.

tanks319
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 03:30 AM
I to love flowerhorns.

I personally dont know what the fuss is all about keeping flowerhorns.

You can get quality fh in australia you just got to know where to look and how much money you are willing to spend

Here is a picture of one of my babys

Billy
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 03:36 AM
Wow thats a gd quality f/h

if you dont mind can you tell me where you bought it and how much did u get it for ??

nicklee88
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 03:41 AM
woow, awesome fish :wink::) :)

CHEERs Nick

tanks319
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 04:11 AM
thanks he is about 6 months old.I did not buy him i breed fh.

i personally dont like flowerhorns with the humps but everybodys taste is different.I go for colours and less agrression in my fish

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 05:50 AM
i love the humps on their head. the bigger the better i say

tanks319.... do have anymore pics of f/h you have for sale??

tanks319
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 10:49 AM
here is a picture of mum.As for the dad he belongs to a freind of mine in sydney :cry:

Mattzilla my fish are still a bit small to sell.I wait to see if any of the fry has any writing before i sell them.Should be in about 3-4weeks time.

As you can see mum has not got any flowering on her.This fish is very plain but i love her but i think the fry are better.

I am looking for new breeding stock on thursday i will take a lot of pictures for you to have a look at :wink:

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 11:08 AM
that would be great tanks

nicholas76
Mon Dec 20, 2004, 06:12 AM
here is a picture of mum.As for the dad he belongs to a freind of mine in sydney :cry:

Mattzilla my fish are still a bit small to sell.I wait to see if any of the fry has any writing before i sell them.Should be in about 3-4weeks time.

As you can see mum has not got any flowering on her.This fish is very plain but i love her but i think the fry are better.

I am looking for new breeding stock on thursday i will take a lot of pictures for you to have a look at :wink:

tanks if i didnt know better that looks exactly like a red devil.

variations are interesting to say the least.

tanks319
Tue Dec 21, 2004, 02:29 AM
Half right nicholas76.The female is the second generation between a red devil/flower horn.Then back crossed with a red devil.And she is the result.But she still has the genes of a flowerhorn.So some of here fry will produce flower horns some red devil and some will just be plain. :wink: