PDA

View Full Version : Parenting blues

A1pryo
Mon Nov 29, 2004, 10:56 AM
I have a pair that up to this evening was doing the parenting thing fine they spawned hatched and have attached free swimers on them for over 30 hrs now. The first time after numerous attempts. Yay woohoo.
But now the problem is i think the male wants sole custody he is fighting her who doesnt want to give up. What should i do?

discussushi
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 07:02 AM
Sometimes they do fight, no big deal. Usually they get over it when the babies are so young. Its usually when they get older that the serious fighting happens thats when u choose the most unreliable parent and remove them. Oh Yeah Congrats, im guessing they are your first spawn. Well done.

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 08:06 AM
maybe put a divider in the tank so that the parents cannot get to eachother but the fry can swim from parent to parent as they please. many people use dividers (with holes in them of course) with great success.

A1pryo
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 08:34 AM
Thanks guys but i had to remove the female this morn shes beat up fairly bad i was worried id loss her if left there. The bubs doing well with dad so far hopefully a single parent suits him. The divider idea sounds good, next time.