PDA

View Full Version : My new addition

Billy
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 03:42 AM
i bought these two guys home today, i took these photos as soon as i drop them in the tank!!

The shop owner said it called a "Red Star", Penang import !!, some sort of snakeskin!!

Can someone identify the two fish, i bought today, also are they any good ??

Size is around 8-9cm !!

Billy
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 03:43 AM
one more

fozziwozzi
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 05:47 AM
where did u buy it from?

Chris McMahon
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 01:05 PM
Very nice.

Billy
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 01:37 PM
i bought it from B.C aquarium, Matraville

Which is a better discus out of spotted eruption and this ??

p.s i think they are only 7-8 cm not 8-9 my mistake!!

DiscusMad
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 01:54 PM
:shock: wow

parasite
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 09:55 PM
very nice fish ....

jim
Thu Nov 25, 2004, 01:19 AM
very very nice....very similar to Spotted Penang Eruption

jim
Thu Nov 25, 2004, 01:20 AM
can I ask how much u paid for one of these babies??

mtchye
Thu Nov 25, 2004, 02:56 AM
Some very nice leapord spotted snakeskins you got there. And yes a price would be nice for the rest of us to dream about ;)

Billy
Thu Nov 25, 2004, 03:12 AM
They were listed for $200 each :( , but i got a discount for them.
:lol:

There are still quite a few left over there, also they got some yellow crystal pigeon, which are spotless, very nice but also listed for $200 :(

mtchye
Thu Nov 25, 2004, 03:28 AM
Yeah it would still need to be a huge discount for me to be able to afford them ;)

Good work on some nice acquisitions... Please keep us informed as to how the spotting develops.

With my limited understanding most small spotted fish are juiced so it will be interesting to see if they keep the spots for now or lose them until they get to adult size. Please note I am not bagging your fish, I'm interested because i want to get some in the future and no doubt they will be juiced as well...

However even if they colour down at first I'll be happy as long as they look that good when adult! Awesome looking fish, one of my top 3 as far as discus varieties go! ;)

Billy
Thu Nov 25, 2004, 03:55 PM
yea i know what u meant, the owner said he only feed normal food to them, so no colouring or hormones!! i hope this is true !!

i hope their colours stays 4ever or even better!!

i need to get more friend for them since they live in a 4ft tank by themselves, a bit stressed but they are eating fine.

the_oracle
Thu Nov 25, 2004, 05:38 PM
They're beautiful................
They have good coloration but, no offence, their shape is a lil bit elongated.........

tanks319
Fri Nov 26, 2004, 01:09 AM
Hi All

I just wanted to mention that bc aquarium DO NOT JUICE THEIR FISH as might have been pointed out.I know this because i used to work their and have known barry for many years.

He sells good quality fish and i still buy of him to this day.

Just my 2 cents worth

Billy
Fri Nov 26, 2004, 02:52 AM
Thats great no colouring, i will try my best to raise it.

Yes, i know the fish is slightly long, apart from that i think it is perfect !! :D

tanks319
Fri Nov 26, 2004, 04:19 AM
just as long you love them then thats the main thing :D

mtchye
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 12:47 AM
Yes sorry I did not mean to imply the store was juicing the fish. I don't know and its just what I heard but what I meant was the breeders back in asia juice them so they can sort out the better ones...

Just seen your new pics Billy and they still look great :)

Billy
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 03:08 AM
Probably they were juiced !! :( back in Asia not here !!

My friend gave me a similar leopard for me to keep. He said that fish is 100% not juiced and imported from Penang.

The colour on my leopard is alot clear and brighter then my friend's fish but my fish looks a bit stunted compared to my friend's, so i guess my fish is JUICED :cry: :cry:

Oh well, i hope my fish will stay healthy and grow a long size !!