PDA

View Full Version : ph testers

Jonesy
Tue Nov 23, 2004, 12:04 PM
i am thinking of getting a electronic ph tester any one know anything about them and does any one have one .. if so how good and what brands are the best ...

parasite
Tue Nov 23, 2004, 01:32 PM
i have been using a eutech ph tester for few years now alls been good.
keep the electrode clean and calibrate frequently and you shouldnt have a problem.

flukes
Tue Nov 23, 2004, 01:37 PM
IF i was too get one now, i would get a 3 in 1 unit, with ph, temp and TDS's. Just because its handy too know and they arnt that much more expensive than the normal ph testers..

parasite
Tue Nov 23, 2004, 01:41 PM
i also have TDS meter in the same brand

Jonesy
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 01:07 AM
whats tds ..lol.. and where did u get it form lfs.. or do u know any online sites that sell them

parasite
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 06:13 AM
these testers can be found at most garden supplies or hydroponics shops TDS = Total Disolved Salts .

Proteus
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 06:19 PM
I thought TDS was Total Disolved Solids???

since salts are measured as sodium by a hydrometer???

maybe I am off track a little...

UG

Proteus
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 06:24 PM
ahhh, relieved... I was not going nuts... (some would disagree)

Hand Held TDS Meter

Housed in a pocket sized ABS case, this electronic Total Dissolved Solids tester is very durable. It is the ideal meter for fish farming, agriculture, plating and water purification applications. TDS 1 is supplied complete with protective cap, calibration screwdriver and 4 x 1.4V batteries.

http://www.aquariumwaterfilters.com/Instruments/TDS.html

kalebjarrod
Thu Nov 25, 2004, 10:48 AM
actullay in a "common sense" your all right

Dissolved solids" refer to any minerals, salts, metals, cations or anions dissolved in water. Total dissolved solids (TDS) comprise inorganic salts (principally calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, bicarbonates, chlorides and sulfates) and some small amounts of organic matter that are dissolved in water

they can be in a solid form hence proteus your right

while in this solid form we commonly call alot of them salts