PDA

View Full Version : Heater Burns

flukes
Mon Mar 08, 2004, 05:19 AM
You wouldn't believe my luck now my BD has burnt its self on the heater, well i think its a burn, the scales are gone down one side and its a big patch dpwn one side of his body. I am guessing it would be from the heater. Anyone ever had this problem and have any ways of solving it. I had the heat vertical and now i put it horozontal thats all i can think off.

How long will this take to heel and is there anything i can do to fix it.

Cheers
Scott

Proteus
Mon Mar 08, 2004, 05:31 AM
I would be thinking some Melafix, maybe a small amount of aquarium salt to promote the slime coat and some good water changes to keep the water pristine...

HTH

flukes
Mon Mar 08, 2004, 06:19 AM
I just finsihed making a wire mesh around it, and just too make my day worse i took the filter sponge of to clean it, come back and a cory got suked into the filter intake. Second time its happened this time he didn't make it.
R.I.P - Cory

Not a good day
Scott

P.S - dont flush your dead fish down the toilet just incase it had something that shouldn't be in the water ways.

Mattzilla
Tue Mar 09, 2004, 01:15 PM
any time my fish get burned or bash themselves against somethign and get an injury i add 1-2 table spoons of pure sea salt per 40ltrs. keep this up for a week or so when you change water and it helps to repair damage to your fish, and promotes the build up of their protective slim coat.

it has worked for me many times

hth
matt

kevkoi
Tue Mar 09, 2004, 11:35 PM
Feb issue of Tropical Fish Hobbyist has Jack Watley encouraging the use of a "natural" product; quote "The product is a formula developed with the curative potency of the tropical Malaleuca tree" to heal wounds and grazes.... And on the facing page is a FULL page add of "Melafix". :lol:

So yes, advice came from 'ol Jack.

Hmm, now I wonder how much he made by just putting out that blurp.... :lol:

kev

chowchow
Wed Mar 10, 2004, 12:32 AM
Yea, how old is `ol Jack these days, must be getting
close to 100!

Kai

Proteus
Wed Mar 10, 2004, 12:40 AM
geesh, I have been like using Melafix and advisng others to use it for ages...

...and do I get paid for my blurbs???

:cry:

lol

Wed Mar 10, 2004, 02:48 AM
I've been using melafix for the longest time too on all my fish (and now for my bettas), I've never had issues with fungus, rot or any of that stuff so I wouldn't be able to tell if it doesnt work!

flukes
Wed Mar 10, 2004, 06:13 AM
Isnt there a new one out called pimafix?? Is that the same company product?? I saw it advertised on another forum ill have to look into it.