PDA

View Full Version : Half Life2

africandiscus
Tue Nov 16, 2004, 10:33 AM
I was browsing the net and the next second the steam server came to life and downloaded the remaining files for the game.

It is AMAZING :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The graphics and realism is AWESOME!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chris McMahon
Tue Nov 16, 2004, 11:29 AM
Please note that boasting is restricted to new discus only! :D

(mutters something about waiting 10 days for my boxed copy to be sent from the US)

nicklee88
Tue Nov 16, 2004, 11:42 AM
Hey

i havent got it yet, but if its like its other games, i'm gonna love it :) :)

NICK

weird
Tue Nov 16, 2004, 12:13 PM
Its awesome, have played it for the last 3 hours ... omg !!!!

africandiscus
Tue Nov 16, 2004, 09:06 PM
I cannot stress enough how amazing this game is.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/566/566202p5.html

weird
Tue Nov 16, 2004, 10:39 PM
Stopped playing at 2 am last night ... slept in yet made it to work in the morning ... think I will have a few more nights like this ahead ... the game is awesome.

Pyroman
Thu Nov 18, 2004, 07:17 PM
... the game looks awesome, but unfortunately I'm not buying a game that gives the company the ability to turn off my ability to play it. The little issue with the activation servers day 1 illustrates my point exactly. My buddy pre-purchased it, and he wasn't even able to activate it the day it was 'turned on' because their server went kaputz. What's to say 5 years down the road - I pull my CD out of the dusty box, install it, and can't even play it.

... I know I know... cracks are already out - but that's not the point. When will game companies understand that making it harder to even play the game HURTS consumers. For pete sake, I understand making multiplayer registration based or what not - as that's where 95% of the use is going to come from, but single player?!? Geesh.

And, what's with them giving CS:source away just so they can get away with not having a multiplayer system in HL2?? As good as the game is, I think they dropped the ball on that one.

So, unfortunately I won't be picking this one up.

*sigh*...

Chris McMahon
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 05:40 AM
Arrrhhh! Finally got HL2 today, from Canada, and the 5th CD is corrupt!
Now I'll have to send it back (2 weeks & $12) and wait for a replacement (another 2 weeks) before I can play it.

I asked if they would let me download it from Steam and activate it with my current key - no!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

weird
Tue Nov 30, 2004, 05:56 AM
ouch ! I got it free with my video card and had it ready to play as soon as it was available. Finished it in 1 week ... awesome.

Essayons89
Sun Dec 05, 2004, 02:11 PM
I haven't played the first one but I want this game! I also want to get Battle for Middle-earth and Rome Total War.

Bryan

nicholas76
Tue Dec 07, 2004, 07:46 AM
been addicted to rome total war -- awsum!!

hlaf life is the bench mark for all first person shoote ups, the first one was great , the second one looks totally awsum

Annie
Sun Dec 26, 2004, 07:37 PM
Got it for hubby for Xmas, and the guy just cannot walk away. :D He was up last night til 3 am, and then when I woke this morning, he was back up here playing it again :shock: . He is just amazed as to how real everything is, right down to things like the flashlight. Every game he gets, it seems to just get better with graphics and such.

weird
Sun Dec 26, 2004, 11:36 PM
Half Life 2 was awesome. I thought I had grown out of being a game addict, but this one pulled me back into the chair again.

I was watching my nephews (4 and 6 yo) playing the latest of the lego island games ... looked awesome and loads of fun. Great that they are making fun third person games (not shooters) for kids as well.