PDA

View Full Version : ROYAL BLUES

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 01:25 PM
No one takes photos like Taksan, and no one captures my fish so perfectly. Thankyou darling. As usual, your photos are superb :D

This new pair of wild caught Royal Blues have just gone into the community tank, after being in quarantine for 2 months. I can't stop looking at them. The colours are stunning :!: No photoshop and no colour enhancing. This is just the way they appear.

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 01:28 PM
Just love these heckels. There is something about wild fish.

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 01:31 PM
Enjoy :D

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 01:34 PM
More

gypsy3
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 01:47 PM
stunning fish merrilyn!!!...may i ask, do you have a private scource when getting these type of fish, wilds that is, or can they be scourced thru aquariums?

scott bowler
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 01:55 PM
they are awesome mezz , love the wild nice work can we get a tank shot hehe

samir
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 02:10 PM
making sure we're clear on this Heckel X Blue cross does not count :P :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL

they look awesome :D

the_oracle
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 04:41 PM
One word...................

AWESOME........................

Love the clear pictures...........

Sanie.

Gajowa
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 06:34 PM
Just stunning!!!! I would love the fish from photo nr 3, to swim in my aquarium.

Barbara

ILLUSN
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 10:53 PM
Fantastic! thanks for putting up the pics!

anychance of a full tank shot?

taksan
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 12:13 AM
I HATE THESE FISH !!!!!

Coz they ain't MINE MINE MINE !!!!!!

Merrilyn
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 02:37 AM
Taksan, admit it, you love them, and you can take as many photos of them as you like. Next time, I'll even let you use your own camera and process the photos properly :D but I'm thrilled with the photos you took with my camera.

Gypsy3 most aquarium shops will order in wild fish for you, although royal blues are not available very often, and will be quite expensive. These fish were imported through a private source and came via Japan.

Illusn and Scotty, full tank shot coming up :wink: also pics of the wild caught Inca Red Heckels. Just waiting for them to settle in a little more.

Barbara, in some photos the royal blues seem to show a heckel bar mid body, but they're not really classed as heckels are they?

Thankyou everyone for the lovely comments.

cichlidfan
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 05:32 AM
Merrilyn,
Those fish are absolutely stunning, pity I am having a break from Discus, otherwise i would be getting some of these fish for my collection.
Your source seems to know what wild caughts to get.
All the best with them.
Regards
Allan

Tommo
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 05:59 AM
These Fish Look SENSATIONAL... Merrilyn Hurry Up And Go On Holidays ..So I Can Do Some In House And Back Yard Shopping :lol:
You Certainly Are A True Aquarist.Some Of The Fish You Keep Are Just Incredible.

"Also Can You Please Post A Few Pics Of The Mac's"

Cheers Andrew "Tommo"

nicholas76
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 06:11 AM
Tommo,

Red will need to start charging admission fees shortly!

Tommo
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 06:28 AM
nicholas76.......... Mate You Could Never Be So Right In Saying That! Reds Fish Are The Best! Mate These Discus Are Just Unreal,But You Got To See These Betta Mac's ! I Feel Sorry For Merrilyn Cos I Only Live Round The Corner !! :lol:

Cheers Andrew "Tommo"

fish_r
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 06:52 AM
absolutely stunning Merrilyn, i'm soooo jealous !!!

shannon
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 08:41 AM
Hi Merrilyn,
Those fish are absolutely the BOOM :shock: :shock:
Where did you get them from :?: :?: