PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Discus

tara
Sat Oct 27, 2007, 12:43 AM
I hope this is in the right section(please move it if it isn't)
I picked up a new book, which was released this year it is called "Trophy Discus".
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/Tarajane_photos/TrophyDiscus300px.jpg
It has information not only on trophy discus but also breeding, raising fry, feeding and much more.
The book is printed by Cichlid Press.

(Admin edit: A number of the on line suppliers can get this book for you, including Aquarium Supplies Australia, one of our sponsors, who will happily post to anywhere in Australia or overseas.)

tzwms
Sat Oct 27, 2007, 03:34 AM
Is there a US distributer?

tara
Sat Oct 27, 2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the edit.
Here's the ASA link:
http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=3006

Hollowman
Wed Apr 30, 2008, 01:32 PM
I guess this will get this thread to the top again, but this book is certainly one to have on your shelf.
It is full of great photos and explainations of what a discus should be like, ie; what to look for when selecting and buying fish and the small traits and pitfalls to avoid.

I have said before about educating discus keepers, and this book, in my opinion will open eyes. This can only further the hobbiest experience of keeping fish and force importers to supply higher grade fish.

Hollowman

jesx57
Thu May 01, 2008, 06:03 AM
Umm, how can you "groom" a discus? Bit of a funny word, isn't it, when you are talking about fish? Looks like a good book.

Hollowman
Thu May 01, 2008, 08:33 AM
[quote="jesx57"]Umm, how can you "groom" a discus? [quote]

This is refering to the preparation of the fish to a show condition.

Remember thousands of people moving past a fish in a tank, probably travelled hundreds of miles to be there, and water conditions different to yours!! believe me, you have to groom/prepare the fish ready for these things.

:wink:

Hollowman

jesx57
Thu May 01, 2008, 10:02 AM
Oh, so that's what it means! Thanks. :)