PDA

View Full Version : Fish Stocking List Any Thoughts?

Tommo
Thu Oct 18, 2007, 07:09 AM
Well It's Nearly Time To Stock The Tank.

I Have A 4x2x2 Planted "Well Almost Finished"

I Would Like To Have In The Tank And Comments Would Be Good If Anyone Thinks There Are Toooo Many Fish .

4 Discus "But Starting With 2 Only"
4 Corydoras sterbai
4 Bolivian Rams
4 Peppermint bristlenose Catfish
6 Or 10 Depending Rummy Nose Tetra

And Maybe 1 Black Ghost Knife Fish "Unsure How These Would Go With Discus"

Too Many Fish ? Not Enough ? No Good ?

Cheers Tommo

ILLUSN
Thu Oct 18, 2007, 07:29 AM
Sounds good except for the BGK, will eat your rummynoses when it get bigger. take it out and stick a school of 15 rummynoses in there.

Tommo
Thu Oct 18, 2007, 07:31 AM
Thanks For The Advice ILLUSN I Knew The Black Ghost Would Nail Neons Etc, But I Did Not Know If They Would Eat Rummy Noses!

Well 15 It Will Be Then ...

Cheers Tommo

Robdog
Thu Oct 18, 2007, 09:30 AM
Put in 30 Rummy's and the BGK.
If you get the BGK small enough, the Rummy's will be too big for it to eat and should be OK for year or so. Still no guarantee it'll eat them either.

zar
Thu Oct 18, 2007, 10:35 PM
i have a BGK with rummy nose, the BGK is prob. just below 20cm now, hasn't touched them YET...he loves beef heart, and i'm hoping he'll be full from it and wont need to go for the rummy nose. most people say they will eat them even though you can find the odd story of someone who keeps em together and nothing has happened to their tetras..if it happens it happens :)

On thing though with BGK, a few months ago when i transferred my fish into a bigger tank, for two days i had to throw all my fish into a tank with at that time, rummy nose, kribs,rams and the BGK, 20 minutes after i put my fish in i went back to the garage and my pigeonblood had a massive nipped fin. i thought it was an injury but i couldnt figure out how..next morning there was one more nip :-S still dont know who did it but only the BGK or another discus would have been big enough for such a bite. i suspected the BGK straight away. took him out , the fins grew back, and now they're all in a bigger tank, hasn't touched anyone. he might be wrongly accused but i dont know who else could have bitten such big bits of fins. The BGK is such an interesting fish though, if he gets big enough to eat the rummy nose i don't think i'd be too sad, time to buy new fish :-D

Tommo
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 09:20 AM
Cheers For That Infomation Zar & Robdog I Might Think Of Giving The BGK A Miss For The Moment. But There Is No Rush In Adding Too Many Fish At The Moment.