PDA

View Full Version : easiest way to partition tanks

zar
Mon Oct 15, 2007, 06:11 AM
HI all

i've got a 3ft tank that i would like to partition temporarily, ie. dont wanna glue glass as barrier or similar, it needs to be a fine partition so fry don't swim through it, i was thinkging flyscreen fitted somehow with a frame maybe?
i saw ppl use just acrylic board but dont know how good that is if only one filter is used on one side. how do people here partition their tanks?
thanks
zar

ILLUSN
Mon Oct 15, 2007, 07:29 AM
you can get ready made partions from a few better LFS. even a sheet of perspex will do, just position a few filter clips with suckers (like the eheim ones) on opposite sides of the tank and slide the divider in. the clips on the suction cups will hold it in place, not pretty but cheap and quick.

zar
Mon Oct 15, 2007, 10:33 PM
thanks ILLSN,
not a bad idea with the sucker clips, i've got similar ones from spare heaters that i could use. i might do that.

godprint
Fri Nov 09, 2007, 02:02 AM
can a normal plastic mesh clipped with the sucker slips work??

thanks!!

ILLUSN
Fri Nov 09, 2007, 04:04 AM
Could give it a go, the dividers are nice and stiff so stand up on their own, mesh might not.

godprint
Sun Nov 11, 2007, 02:00 AM
can a normal plastic mesh clipped with the sucker slips work??

thanks!!

hi guys,

the mesh didn't work.

:cry:

sponge2
Sun Dec 02, 2007, 01:42 AM
Hi its probably to late but all my discus are germany (stenkers) and i found out that to divide there tanks up they use black carbon foam(2 inches thick) as dividers, fish can not see each other though it, water passes though stopping fry but also stopping food.
Also acts as exsta filter and as carbon keeps water clearer

I use it my self and it work really well.

godprint
Mon Mar 31, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hi its probably to late but all my discus are germany (stenkers) and i found out that to divide there tanks up they use black carbon foam(2 inches thick) as dividers, fish can not see each other though it, water passes though stopping fry but also stopping food.
Also acts as exsta filter and as carbon keeps water clearer

I use it my self and it work really well.

does the fries get caught inbetween the foam??

thanks