PDA

View Full Version : my discus

Andy123
Wed Oct 03, 2007, 01:03 AM
hi all
this is my discus(red turq) i hav had him about 2years and he is great. wot do u all think?? stress bars are usually darker but wernt at the time this photo was taken.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/fishkid951/discus.jpg

ILLUSN
Wed Oct 03, 2007, 01:42 AM
Nice fish, good colour , good shape (little long), beutiful high fins, eye is a tad big, is it deep red? hard to tell from the photo, looks a little orange.

are you feeding colorbits?, the tail looks a little orange.

Andy123
Wed Oct 03, 2007, 01:50 AM
yes i do feed colour bits and it seems to be his fav food atm. I will feed him colourbits in the morning only. At night it is bloodworms or brine shrimp(both usually frozen)-i alternate nights. He is not so keen on the bloodworms and bs. the orange in the tail there is not usually there...i think there is somthing in the backround making it look that way(clown loach maybe) it is usually clear. the discus is usually deep red...the pic for some odd reason isnt the best...i will get a good one asap(prob tonight)

ILLUSN
Wed Oct 03, 2007, 07:27 AM
sorry mate i ment is the eye deep red. fish has great color!

Andy123
Wed Oct 03, 2007, 07:47 AM
sorry bout that.......yeah he has red on his eye but a strress bar runs through it so ya.....are stress bars good cause somtimes i see him without them and then i feed him and he gets em?

ILLUSN
Wed Oct 03, 2007, 11:59 PM
I like turks with nice solid stress bars, they should be strait, and of uniform thickness.

he's proably just excited when you feed him

ozarowana
Thu Oct 11, 2007, 05:20 AM
I think it's biggest flaw is the lack of chin / breast area.

samir
Thu Oct 11, 2007, 05:56 AM
I think it's biggest flaw is the lack of chin / breast area.

from what I've read its caused by inbreeding. you've done pretty well. It looks healthy.

Andy123
Sun Oct 14, 2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the complements.
Glad you like my discus!