PDA

View Full Version : Online Auctions

Proteus
Sat Nov 06, 2004, 08:12 AM
We are requesting feedback as to what you would want in regards to a fully functional online auction facility that is usable by residents of any country.

This is for a project which is nearing completion.

Some features that we are considering which will potentially make it stand above the rest.

* AutoBid set (you nominate the highest price you wish to go to and it will bid the minimum amount possible to ensure you have the highest bid, until such time as your limit has been reached)

* Payment options in the currency you require, i.e. for Australian listings, everything will be in AUD$

* Several different payment gateways (PayPal, PayMate, Direct, Ikobo, etc)

* Wanted to buy section

* Item swap

* Listings in multiple categories

* Seller & Buyer Feedback

* Buy-it-now option

* Customizable user stores

* Ability to load multiple images

* Advanced Shipping/Postage system

* Currency Converter (currently have one on trial http://www.bettaforums.com/ at the bottom of the page)

* Secure Gateway for registration (SSL encrypted)

...plus loads more.

So what do you think???

If you have any suggestions, or ideas that would make it more appealing, please let us know.

Billy
Sun Nov 07, 2004, 03:23 AM
Sounds great!!

What items can ppl buy or sell here ??

what will be the cost of using such service ?

R u doing this all by yourself Proteus?? What language are u using ? Need help i m free !! :lol:

Proteus
Sun Nov 07, 2004, 03:49 AM
Sounds great!!

Thanks

What items can ppl buy or sell here ??

Anything to do with the hobby or related hobbies.

what will be the cost of using such service ?

FREE!!! with the exception of some PREMIUM options, however at the most a fully loaded listing (with every option used - which is over the top) will cost less than $2-3 (when you register you automatically recieve a signup bonus of $5-$10 to use so you can test things out)

Standard listings will always be FREE.

R u doing this all by yourself Proteus?? What language are u using ? Need help i m free !!

No, this is mostly been done by our technical guru Pyrowolf.

Language = English (no slang) lol

Thanks for the offer of help...