PDA

View Full Version : Product review: ODYSSEA 72" 384W PC light+6 Lunar

FishLover
Mon Sep 17, 2007, 07:05 PM
ODYSSEA 72" 384W Aquarium Power compact light+6 Lunar

Dimension appox: 71" X 7" X 2 3/4"

Cost: I got from eBay new $199 plus $69 S&H so total of $268 including all light bulbs.

There are 4 Straight pins PC Bulbs (34" long), you can put in any combination of light bulbs such as 12000K Daylight, Actinic and so on. I have two of each. The replacement light bulbs can cost you about $7 each, plus about $10 for S&H. I guess if you have plants, you will have to replace them every year or so. If just for fish, I will keep the same bulbs till they go out.

There are 6 Blue Moon Lunar LED locations. I think each has 2 bulbs. I do like the effect of moon lights. Not too bright but enough you can see what's going on. These are small LED light bulbs, not the long noon light bar as other systems have. I like the long bars better but these LEDs do their job too. I'm not sure about the cost of replace light bulbs. I would say less than few dollars.

There are three power on/off switch and power cords, one control the LED, the other two each controls 2 PC bulbs.

The power cords are very long, I would say about 10' each. You can also use idfferent timer to control the lights because of these three cords.

There are 2 small build in fans for the lights. They do give out a bit fan noise, which is not really big buy you can hear it when it is running (lights on). I do not like it since I'm very picky on noise level. Other people could not even hear the noise without paying extra attention.

As for the lights, they are very bright and I think they bring out my discus color better than my lights before. Not so sure the long term effect yet since I only had them for about a week.

It is a perfet fit for my 125g tank, I think will be the same for a 150g too since they are exactly the same length (72"). It is a bit hot when running. I guess 384Ws do give out fair amout of heat. That's why they use 2 fans to help cool off the unit a bit.

HTH

ILLUSN
Fri Sep 21, 2007, 06:25 AM
Any chance of a few photos?

they wouldn't make one for 240v/50Hz would they that could be used in Oz?

FishLover
Fri Sep 21, 2007, 05:06 PM
I got it from e-Bay. If you do a search, you should be able to find the product with pictures.

Not sure if there is a 240v version of it or not.

Over all, I think it is a good product, if you are not picky on the small noise of the fans.