PDA

View Full Version : New wilds for the wet season

Squid
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 01:26 AM
The warm wet is finally upon me in Toowoomba - means I can get all the fish out of their winter holding tanks and put them in the breeding ponds and tanks. Got some new wild X F1/2 pairs happening at the moment. Have a really nice F1 female brown who is an egg eater. I'll change things around a bit, and see If I cant get some fry for sale by Xmas. Anyway, here is a photo of one of my holding tanks with some Tefe fry and a few wilds. I'll send some more photos when the pairs are settled around October. Jst need some more rain water and I will be in Business. Before anyone asks - the Tefe fry are not for sale - just growing them up a bit more to get some more breeders from them. Hope you like them and sorry the photos aren't really good quality. I'm getting better!

Also - LOOKING for a wild Peruvian female Green for my boy I have here.

Squid

Squid
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 01:33 AM
here are a few more.

Squid
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 01:36 AM
last ones

Merrilyn
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 01:57 AM
Squid they're looking fantastic !

Good luck with the breeding.

Are you doing anything with heckels at the moment?

Ohh and by the way, if you need a home for that gorgeous egg eater, I've got a spot just for her in my wild display tank :wink:

ILLUSN
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 03:54 AM
How good are those fish!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

thats one of the best browns i've ever seen, hope you get some fry.

Tefe green x red turk would also be a very nice fish!

btw tose tefe green juvis are coloring up nicely for thier size, you'll get some nice royal greens out of them

taksan
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 04:16 AM
how goods that?
Eh?
Eh?
Thats fucking fabulous !

scott bowler
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 07:47 AM
they are awesome love the wilds good work Squid

Ben
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 09:26 AM
Great pics Tony!

They look awesome!

Take care
Ben

Squid
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 10:45 AM
Hi all - well its raining here again and has gone really cold. The Browns have eggs but I reckon with the temps and pressures the way they are, the little brown female will get hungry! Should be able to get a batch by October I hope. She's a little unusual in her colouring - looks like some painted her 2 stripes on her back - very intense colouration.

Merrilyn - I have some Heckels up in Townsville with one of my mates. I didn't bring them down here because I dont have their 8ft tank set up yet. Anyway - he is just keeping them and not breeding them. I have some good males that will cross with any willing female they can find. Problem with Heckels is finding a good female - thats my experience anyway. I have some good photos of the Heckel crosses I have 'made'.

Good to see Heckels are gaining some interest on the forums. If you can breed them and raise the fry, you are in for a serious cash boost

Ness
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 11:06 AM
hey tony
my babies from that batch are really powering along now, really nice colours coming through.
hey all these fish are really great in person.

Squid
Fri Sep 07, 2007, 12:10 PM
Hi Ross - have you got any photos of those F2 Tefe babies? Mine are just only starting to colour up now. give me a call before you come back up to Toowoomba so we can catch up

Squid

Ness
Fri Sep 07, 2007, 12:56 PM
tried to post some pics but the computer says they are too big or some thing. gotta get down there soon to mow the lawn at the house in oakey. got noone in it at the moment.

mr troph
Wed Sep 26, 2007, 04:04 AM
:D Awsome fish squid. Hopefully fish like those will become more readily available soon. Good luck with them.

Todd