PDA

View Full Version : New altums

ozarowana
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 08:11 AM
Just got some shipped up from Sydney; eight to a bag :?

Seller will only compensate for dead fish in the bag and not dying fish :shock:

All fish had burnt fins and some had red bases to their pec fins. There was some red streaking on the body aswell.

I don't think they will last the night!

ozarowana
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 08:13 AM
more pics

nicholas76
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 08:29 AM
that is so sad. :cry:

perhaps im used to the best in the industry but I dont think its to much to expect a fish per bag!

scott bowler
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 08:57 AM
thats not good you pay big dollers for good fish and they treat them like that what can i say . mate i hope you can save some of them good luck sorry

ozarowana
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 09:08 AM
Two were definately gone at the airport. They looked terrible 30min later when I got them home.

Four more have passed away.... so 6 gone 3.5hrs after receiving them.

The remaining two I don't think will last the night!

Ben
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 09:09 AM
Thats bloody distugusting!

Looks like they are dead/dieing from lack of oxygen and Amonnia blowout.

samir
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 09:23 AM
the fish were probably not too healthy to start with. they should have survived the short trip even in a single bag. maybe a little less water and more oxygen, if there was oxygen at all.
is this where you got them from???
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z56/taoyang/?action=view&current=Picture024.jpg

goldenpigeon
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 10:52 AM
tao was selling altums recently.. is that where you got them from?

8 altums to that size bag is disgraceful, being altums they should have been individually bagged, only enough water to cover the fish comfortably, bag should have been inflated with pure oxygen and then covered in newspaper and double bagged....

what kind of service is that?

sorry for you mate

Merrilyn
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 10:55 AM
That's absolutely disgraceful.

You have permission to name the seller on this forum.

Everyone should be warned about traders like this.

Proteus
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 10:59 AM
....and people whine and moan or kick up a stink when particular individuals get suspended, or as in the case of the person who sold these fish, PERMANENTELY BANNED due to unethical behaviour, as well as being back yard operators who dont even have access to one of the most basic requirements when shipping fish, OXYGEN.

Oz, I am very sorry that you have had to find out this in such a way, and as a community we will do what we can to either make things right, or at least stop this type of thing happenning again.

Dont think any petty threat of litigation will remove such comments, as a collective group of hobbyists we will make sure such unethical and unprofessional actions of dealers and traders will be made public and for those in question, you will suffer. :evil:

Merrilyn
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 11:07 AM
This is the same person who pleaded with me to have his ban removed, assuring me he was not a professional trader, just a hobbyist.

It's obvious he is importing fish or has access to imported fish and is reselling them at a profit. Sounds like a business to me.

ILLUSN
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 01:07 PM
That is such a waste of Beutiful fish, Oz thats the worst thing I've seen today and I diagnose kids with cancer!

Hope you can save the last 2 mate, seeing things like that breaks my heart.

eykw
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 01:26 PM
That is outrageous!!! such a disgrace!!!
:cry: poor little altums.
Eric

ozarowana
Tue Sep 04, 2007, 01:03 AM
Another died overnight the last one left is hanging on but barely.

IMO What's the difference between dead fish and fish in their last moments before dying???

As soon as I looked at the bag when I picked them up, I knew they weren't going to survive. I told the seller this immediately and let him know I was NOT HAPPY!

What do you think the seller should do in this instance? Replace bad fish with more bad fish?

His conditions of sale were to replace DOA fish.... I should have read more into this!

nicholas76
Tue Sep 04, 2007, 02:59 AM
oz,

In my opinion the cirteria would extend to these fish.

The seller of these fish should replace them with new or give you your money back.

You can threaten to report them to the taxation office. They will take interest in a person selling fish on the sly and not paying tax on it.

You can also lodge a claim with small business tribunal. They will sort it out pain free.

:wink: hope that helps.

*Chris*
Tue Sep 04, 2007, 07:22 AM
that is shit form ... even a normal angel gets packed at a rate of one lrgish fish per bag with o2
. 8 altums who are renownd for being sensitive in one bag pffft id would have sent them back the sma e day with photo evdence and asked for a refund .

nicholas76
Tue Sep 04, 2007, 07:59 AM
Chris you might be able to answer this or some of the importers might,

isnt there a general line or regulation specifically relating to the packaging of live (aquatic stock) and how it should be done?

Merrilyn
Tue Sep 04, 2007, 10:57 AM
Put it this way ..... would you be happy to buy fish at a LFS if the guy put 8 normal angels in a bag for you to take to your home, only an hour away?

Why would anyone put 8 sensitive fish in a single bag for a 4, 5 or 6 hour journey.

That's not just being careless, that amounts to animal cruelty.

taksan
Tue Sep 04, 2007, 11:35 AM
Thats absurd .... whoever this guy is should be exposed and a cruelty to animals report filed.

nicholas76
Tue Sep 04, 2007, 11:52 AM
hopefully this develops into a positive result for oz

silkieboy
Tue Sep 04, 2007, 12:46 PM
That is absolutely disgusting mate and very poor fish practice by the seller. Hope the person get's what he deserves.

Why couldn't he just put 1 per bag? Even if the box was heavier, the freight charges would be paid by the buyer right?

Really sorry for ur loss ozarowana

samir
Tue Sep 04, 2007, 01:04 PM
hopefully Tao will replace them for you. its obviously the shippers fault.

fish crazed
Fri Sep 07, 2007, 09:14 AM
That just makes my blood boil!! Its sad when an idiot gets their hands on beautiful fish just for the sake of $$$

I would just demand a refund oz and not deal with em further.

ozarowana
Fri Sep 07, 2007, 02:46 PM
This has been sorted guys. The seller has refunded the cost of 7/8 fish. I guess one managed to hang on for 24hrs... yeah I know! Just wanted to end this!

taksan
Sat Sep 08, 2007, 12:01 AM
Glad its sorted but a warning to everyone that people should be very careful before dealing with anyone selling and shipping live fish.

That seller is not banned here for no reason.

samir
Tue Sep 11, 2007, 02:32 PM
good to hear that, probably just inexperience with the packing part.

Mattzilla
Fri Sep 14, 2007, 05:05 AM
That is absolutely disgusting!

the seller should be BLACK MARKED BY EVERYONE1!!

the only way to hurt sellers like this is if everyone bans them and DOES NOT PURCHASE ANY FISH FROM THEM!

i can't believe someone would actually send 8 altums to one bag.... might as well hit them with a hammer....you'll get the same result, it will just be quicker for the poor fish.

matt