PDA

View Full Version : Mirror

DiscusMad
Tue Nov 02, 2004, 02:48 PM
Ok as in another post i was thinking about useing a mirror on a back of a tank after reading a post from another site and found one the perfect size on the recent council clean ups.

My discus were spookes a few months back due to my wife having a fall in front of the tank and hitting the tank. So they have been realy shy ever since.

Day 1: scared the hell out of them for the first hour then they decided to investagate the other fish lol.

Day 2: discus even more active and been swimming up and down the tank all day

Day 3: discus swimming up and down the tank as the day before. Blue male rams stoped fighting each other and started to get there reflections lol

scrappy
Tue Nov 02, 2004, 08:04 PM
I think i'm gonna try the mirror as well.

jim
Wed Nov 03, 2004, 02:02 AM
mate..sounds like mirror is a great idea.
just one concern, does any of your fish hit on the back wall of your tank (where mirror is) and try to get to the other side of the tank? or try to attack itself on the other side of the mirror??..

DiscusMad
Wed Nov 03, 2004, 05:53 AM
The only agression toward the mirror is the male blue rams they slowly head for therereflection now and again and have a slow witted stand off

the discus just go "cruzing" with the other discus now and again

dcarmau
Wed Jun 21, 2006, 12:16 PM
Here's a thought, would the mirror be a handy-dandy Discus Doubler? (besides mirrors looking good)
Would it fool our Fishy Friends into thinking there were more of them?

Perhaps handy as an aggression spreader and a loneliness combat?

Could this be a handy tool for the financially challenged?

Will I ask another Question?

Thank you for watching and goodnight! ;)

DiscusMan
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 08:04 AM
Mate your doing so reading there bringing up all these old posts.

Mirrors are good ont eh back of your tanks so you can see how you babies are doing.

A lot of discus will lay the eggs/ Deposit wrigglers on the back of breeding cones so you can see them. So the mirro on the back fixes this as well.

I dont think there is any downsides to putting mirrors in your tanks.

I have one tank that has a mirror on the bottom of it adn the fish dont mind at all.

dcarmau
Mon Jun 26, 2006, 02:18 AM
DiscusMan, I've just finished exams, just put my discus in a 6' tank, and I just found the forums, these combined meant that I did an -awful- lot of "study" over the week or so since!

Indeed, that night I'd just completed my final exam for the semester! :D

If all this really good info is locked away at the back of the "queue" then I have to go reading back to get the good stuff!
:D