PDA

View Full Version : My filter is now errr .... orange !

benjohnson
Tue Aug 28, 2007, 12:07 PM
I've been spending so much time trying to get my discus better, the Angel fish got a little forgotten about.... i wandered in to feed them the other day ... and the filter is entirely covered in eggs ! ( Their just attention seeking im sure !! )

Having not done this before with Angels, can someone give me the low down on how it works. Is it the same idea as discus ... 56 hour or thereabouts hatching time?? How long do I leave them with their parents? i know they dont feed off the parents as discus do, so what should I be feeding them ? BBS after a certain period of time, but what about the first few days of swimming?

Cheers Guys... and fingers crossed we have some little angels soon !!

Ben

catfishbone
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 05:40 AM
Hi Ben,

I just had breed my angel recently. I had the egg roughly around 13 August and can't remember when it hatched .. but I left them with the parents until about 3 days ago when I decided to take them out to let them grow bigger in a bigger tank. I guess if I left the baby angels with the parents longer will make no difference. I believe that my pair won't ate them.

There was one time that the parents try to scare me away when I tried to feed them. They think that I will take their babies away but then eventually I did ... :p

It all comes down to how is your pair ... you can try to leave the babies with the parents as long as you can till if you see you started to lose some little angels then you might want to separate them.
Also you need to be carefull with your filter ... the babies might get sucked into it.

hope this helps ..

Andrie

benjohnson
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 08:27 AM
Hi catfishbone

Thanks for the info ... I still have sim elittluns left, i think some have been eaten by mum and dad but still got 20 odd left. Their starting to try and swim now , sop hopefully will be swimming fully in the next couple of days

I've turned the filter off and put a spoinge filter in for the time being ...

Cheers

mistakes r crucial
Thu Sep 20, 2007, 05:17 AM
Hi Ben,

If you actually want to breed Angels you're probably better off taking the eggs away from the parents, you'll end up with 500 instead of 20.
MAC

benjohnson
Thu Sep 20, 2007, 11:57 AM
Hey MAC

This wasn't an intentional breeding occurance on my part !! :-) I need to make a decision as to whether I want to get into Angel breeding, at the moment I have a very sick discus who is taking a lot of my attention and dont know if i can spare the time to be looking after eggs aswell at the moment . I think i will probably leave them to their own devices and if they raise them on their own then i'll think about setting up grow out tanks etc for them

Unfortunately, the way its going rather sick discus dude looks like he's on his last fins ( Rather nasty case of HITH and has really copped for it badly, came out of no where too and his girlfriend is perfectly fine which is odd !!! ) ....... so maybe that statement will change soon ... :-(