PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Eye

Trebs
Mon Nov 01, 2004, 01:13 AM
I have one adult male discus with cloudy eye. He is currently isolated in a 25gal tank. The reason for him getting cloudy eye was fluctuations in PH. I've been treating with firstly, rock salt, and yesterday I added some multi cure. I have been doing partial water changes between treatments. The problem is under control now. One eye is clear and the other only has a small white section.

I wanted to know if there is a better way of treating for cloudy eye. I really don't like using multi-cure on fish, especially my breeders.

Thanks.

jim
Mon Nov 01, 2004, 02:27 AM
sometimes just change lots of water for a week or two...the eye will became clear again without any medication. Sometimes it does not work...
I heard from my breeder that sometimes if the fish been infect for too long / bad..the eye will never get clear again

Hope your fish will be ok.. :-)

raddy
Mon Nov 01, 2004, 06:47 PM
hi all! i used melafix. it works! heard not changing water for a long time contribute to this.

Trebs
Thu Nov 04, 2004, 12:58 AM
It's mostly cleared up now, I should be able to fix it completely with w/c and salt from here on in. Thanks for the imput people.

raddy
Thu Nov 04, 2004, 07:37 PM
It's mostly cleared up now, I should be able to fix it completely with w/c and salt from here on in. Thanks for the imput people.

glad to hear that. k.i.s.s should always be done in the first place before dump any med.

jim
Thu Nov 04, 2004, 10:32 PM
what's k.i.s.s ??

fishyfish
Thu Nov 04, 2004, 11:04 PM
Keep it simple stupid,I"ve found it to work well ,once you take it on

flukes
Thu Nov 04, 2004, 11:37 PM
Ahhh keep it simple stupid. And here iam trying to make out with my fish :shock: :wink:

raddy
Tue Nov 09, 2004, 09:33 PM
Ahhh keep it simple stupid. And here iam trying to make out with my fish :shock: :wink:

haha! :wink: