PDA

View Full Version : Whiptails breeding!!!!

ILLUSN
Sat Aug 25, 2007, 06:22 AM
G'day all, thought I'd put up a family shot of my whiptails. last night there were 80+ eggs ready to hatch.
This morning I found Nemo and some very smug looking discus :cry:
Better luck next time I guess :ug

Jothy

DiscusEden
Sat Aug 25, 2007, 12:58 PM
Sorry to hear that Jothy. I had a similar experience a number of times. Good protien for the discus though. Good luck with Nemo.

Ben
Sat Aug 25, 2007, 01:14 PM
well done on getting them to that stage!

ozarowana
Tue Sep 11, 2007, 03:06 AM
The female whiptail may be the culprit.

ILLUSN
Tue Sep 11, 2007, 05:25 AM
thanks Oz, i put them in thier own tank and nothing happened, so dumped them back into the comunity tank and off they went again. will try to seperate the parents from young with this batch and I'll let you all know how they go.

ILLUSN
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 01:35 PM
well it's been a few months and i finally have the first stage of the fish room finished which means i could give my whiptail pair their own tank. once the eggs were laid i took out the female. now i've got close to 90 of these little guys swimming around

XPLOSV
Tue Oct 23, 2007, 06:00 AM
Good job mate, all your fish are breeding like rabbits.

Now you need a lot more tanks.

ILLUSN
Tue Oct 23, 2007, 06:44 AM
Now you need a lot more tanks

thats what i told my wife, now i have a very sore head and a badly dented fry pan LOL.

I'm thinking i'll just put in a couple of 1500L ponds for growout tanks, hopefully all my species will get along

XPLOSV
Tue Oct 23, 2007, 06:56 AM
Now you need a lot more tanks

thats what i told my wife, now i have a very sore head and a badly dented fry pan LOL.

I'm thinking i'll just put in a couple of 1500L ponds for growout tanks, hopefully all my species will get along

Ouch!!

no more fish tanks for you = no more shopping for her too?

It will be sad if all ur species feed off each other putting them all in 1 place.

LOL