PDA

View Full Version : Black Ghost Knife with discus?

FishLover
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 06:09 PM
Would love to have one of them in my discus tank (pH 6.8, 86F, 125 g).

Wonder if it will work out?

scott bowler
Sat Aug 18, 2007, 01:20 AM
hi fishlover i do know people that have done it and havent had any probs .
i wouldnt do it but thats just me if you ever have a prob with the discus you would have to move the discus if you wanted to treat them .The knife fish dont handle treatments to well. good luck with it let us know how you go scott

triumph1921
Sat Aug 18, 2007, 01:25 AM
Hi Fishlover

I have a BGK in one of my discus tanks and yes it can be done .....................but scotty is right . Come medication time it is better to move the discus into a quarintine tank...............
Also be careful as BGk love to eat small(expensive) fish like cardinals when it can...... :shock: :shock:
And they grow fast ............very fast.

HTH

FishLover
Sat Aug 18, 2007, 02:53 AM
thanks guys.

jzz30
Sat Aug 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
I have had them together, was fine for a while, then it became to aggressive for my liking, so had to remove it. Started to chase my discus around the tank.

Robdog
Mon Aug 20, 2007, 03:55 AM
Dinner time is interesting with larger BGK's. Mine quite often takes whole frozen cubes of food then, like a dog, takes it away to a corner to gulp it down.
I'd say do it. Over time they become really tame and seem to love being hand fed. They are good at cleaning up tetra infestations too.

scott bowler
Mon Aug 20, 2007, 05:53 AM
hehe lol you dont want to many tetra around the tank they are a pest lol

Tommo
Mon Aug 20, 2007, 07:05 AM
you dont want to many tetra around the tank they are a pest

Pi$$er ! :lol:

nicholas76
Wed Oct 24, 2007, 06:54 AM
I wouldnt do it!

they are very effective night predators and I have seen them have a go at discus when the lights are out.