PDA

View Full Version : Burned heckel

Gajowa
Mon Aug 13, 2007, 10:19 AM
I was cleaning my aqua and when mooved a glass cleanser, heckel got spooked and swam behind 300W heater, and got stuck there. Heater was working at that moment and fish burned itself.
Burn is about 2,5 cm wide, 3,5 cm long, size of fish 14cm

Barbara

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 13, 2007, 10:29 AM
That looks very nasty.

Did the fish recover, and what did you treat it with?

scott bowler
Mon Aug 13, 2007, 10:32 AM
ouch i hope it was ok plz let us now? and how did you treat it if you did or let it heal on its own
oh mezz jst said all that hehe

thanks

samir
Mon Aug 13, 2007, 10:52 AM
ouch i hope it was ok plz let us now? and how did you treat it if you did or let it heal on its own
oh mezz jst said all that hehe

what are you ??? a parrot ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL

Gajowa
Wed Aug 15, 2007, 12:00 AM
This burn happened in march. In the first few days burn looked like someone would spred a sour cream over it. I was watching the fish very closley, worried about fungus. But I gues, that "sour cream" stoped any fungus from developing on it. I talked to many discus breeders seeking their advice, but no one had seen such a burn before, so they couldn't help much. On the 5-th day we decide to catch the fish and to disinfect the burn with medication called "rivanol". As we were cutching it, that "sour cream" detached from the burn (photo above). We pour "rivanol" over the wound and let the fish back to the main tank. That was all we have done. We were changing water every 2-nd day and kept the tank as clean as possible. During all that, the fish was feeding as usual, but stayed away from her tank mates. Today it has a scar, but is alive and that is important

Barbara

Gajowa
Wed Aug 15, 2007, 12:04 AM
more photos

ILLUSN
Wed Aug 15, 2007, 04:39 AM
Thats still a stunning fish, GOOD OWRK you should be very proud

samir
Wed Aug 15, 2007, 05:45 AM
good job, any signs of interest in that cone ?

scott bowler
Wed Aug 15, 2007, 06:36 AM
good to see all is well again good work

nicholas76
Wed Aug 15, 2007, 08:25 AM
Wow nice recovery!

dandaman352
Tue Apr 01, 2008, 06:26 AM
Wow thats sick, excellent job.