PDA

View Full Version : What are you feeding your wilds.

Merrilyn
Fri Aug 10, 2007, 02:21 PM
Sharing information with others is a great way for all of us to learn.

If you have found a special food that your wild fish relish, or something that has helped them put on condition after being introduced to your tanks, then let us know.

Perhaps a few words about the tank conditions would be good too, especially pH, KH, GH and temperature.

:D

fish_r
Fri Aug 10, 2007, 03:02 PM
all i could get mine to eat for a long time was live black worm and live brine. but now they are eating. frozen blood worm, frozen brine, discus deluxe, and discus dinner. soon to introduce my beef heart mix, colour bits and flake foods.
they have put on a lot of weight and condition since i first got them.
i still have the two in there own 100ltr tank doing approx 30% water change every 2 days. using discus buffer and peat extract at every water change.
pH is 5.8 - 6, gh is approx 143 ppm and kH is 2-3 "a little low"

samir
Fri Aug 10, 2007, 03:19 PM
my first batch are eating
beefheart, frozen bloodworms , Sera granules,and frozen brine shrimp in order of preference. so far things are good.

ph 5.5
kh 0-1 (when i last checked 2 years ago)
conductivity 18 ms
temp 32 atm will eventually bring it down to 29.

absolutely hate large water changes

taksan
Fri Aug 10, 2007, 11:46 PM
Well mine eat Bloodworm, Brine shrimp, Mysis Shrimp, Sera Granules and some stuff someone gave me that looks like Merrilyns Beefheart mix 8-)

Gajowa
Sun Aug 12, 2007, 08:07 PM
We feed our heckels diet rich in greens. They love spirulina (38%) flake food, flake food wiht garlic, Sera granules for discus, frozen spinich. Beef and turkey hart mixes with spinich, banana, red capsicum, carrot and green peas. Seefod mix has in it; fish, mussels (they love mussels), prawns and greens. All mixes contain garlic and baby vitamins, and live white worms. They also like just plain frozen beefhart shreded on the grater.
All mixes are made; 50 - 50 %

They wan't touch bloodworms, black mosquito larve or shrimp.

Barbara