PDA

View Full Version : 20c-50c Discus

africandiscus
Sat Oct 23, 2004, 08:14 AM
Where can I buy baby discus from. I am looking for 15 for a spare tank i have.

The sizes I am looking for are between 20-50c coins

Thanks

weird
Sat Oct 23, 2004, 11:46 AM
I hear sometimes at the monthly discus meetings you might get lucky, and ofcourse the classified section here. Keep an eye on the breeding section here too.

I have 8 of them around that size, they are very cute, but very hungry !

africandiscus
Sun Oct 24, 2004, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the response. I have 6 of them from "Dreamer"

What are you feeding them?

weird
Sun Oct 24, 2004, 10:28 AM
Dreamer was feeding them color bits so they readily take them, I crush them up with the packet ... use it like a roller on a piece of paper.

My feeding menu ...

1. Morning ... brine shrimp

2. Mrs feeds them color bits during the day (soon to be replaced by eheim automatic feeder ... um ... she will be replaced for the feeding only, all other matrimony services will be performed by her and not eheim automatic feeder).

3. Discus food (beef heart)

4. Hikari Blood worms

5. Sometimes a last meal of brine shrimp.

Jonesy
Mon Oct 25, 2004, 02:37 AM
where in sydney r u ? i know a breeder in mattravile he has about 45 pigion bloods at about the 20c size .. if u want his name and number pm me....

Trebs
Mon Oct 25, 2004, 07:29 AM
Trading Post - they tend to sell smaller than shops. If you want high fin turks I have plenty at that size - PM me if your interested.

Fixem
Thu Nov 04, 2004, 12:09 AM
2. Mrs feeds them color bits during the day (soon to be replaced by eheim automatic feeder ... um ... she will be replaced for the feeding only, all other matrimony services will be performed by her and not eheim automatic feeder).

:lol: Thanks for the laugh!