PDA

View Full Version : My Standard Bristlenose

G_TAMMA
Mon Jul 09, 2007, 02:15 PM
Feeding time, my bristlenose love zucchini.

Cheers.

G_TAMMA
Mon Jul 09, 2007, 02:17 PM
Can't get any good pics of my orangespot bristlenose yet but will post when i can,

Cheers.

Scotty Bils
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 02:27 PM
How are you keeping that at the bottom?

Scotty Bils
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 02:29 PM
How are you keeping that at the bottom?

G_TAMMA
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 08:55 PM
You need steam it first and then srcap out the seeds. Probably steam for about 10-15mins depending on how hot you have the water, as you need it fairly water logged.

Hope that helps. They also seem to like sweet potato, just peel the skin, quick wash and throw it it. It lasts longer and water stays cleaner too but they do seem to prefer zucchini.

Cheers & good luck.

Scotty Bils
Sun Jul 29, 2007, 02:33 AM
Great idea, can I calirify further -

Do you -

1. Cut the zuccini in half
2. Steam for 10-15mins
3. Remove the seeds

By the looks of the photo you leave the skin on.

Cheers
Scott

scott bowler
Sun Jul 29, 2007, 05:28 AM
G_TAMMA
very cool how are they all going ?
good to see they look to be doing very well hehe
how is the pic of the orange spot going ?
well done scott

G_TAMMA
Sun Jul 29, 2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah Scotty Bils, thats the way i have been doing and yeah leave the skin on, dont know why but they absolutely love it. I also chop off the ends too. Cheers and good luck.

Hey Scott Bowler, these guys have all been sold (old pic) but have 1 batch at about 2-3cm and another batch just born/hatched yesterday only about 1cm. The parents are from all diff sources and consists of 1male about 10-12cm and 3feamles ranging from 8-12cm.
I will try and get a pic of the orange spots tonight - need to track them down, i have about 15-16 at different ages from 3-5cm but still hard to get a decent shot.

Cheers E1.

G_TAMMA
Wed Aug 01, 2007, 12:13 PM
Finally got a somepics

G_TAMMA
Wed Aug 01, 2007, 12:16 PM
More

G_TAMMA
Wed Aug 01, 2007, 12:18 PM
Please delete

scott bowler
Wed Aug 01, 2007, 12:25 PM
hehe they are very cool nice work

G_TAMMA
Wed Aug 01, 2007, 12:28 PM
Thanx, still trying to work the camera to get a good shot, there a bit dodgy. hahhaha. Anyways glad you like. Ive found it hard to find good pics of the orange spot on the net so if anyone finds any, let us know, Cheers and hope you all enjoy.

lighter
Thu Aug 02, 2007, 09:02 PM
They look superb cute! Congrats on that successful spawn!

G_TAMMA
Wed Sep 26, 2007, 09:48 AM
thx all, Got some more pics, still not the best quality (phone camera) but still thought someone might like them.

Pic is of dad (standard bristlenose), he is in his home made cave - just cut up some spares floor tiles and some aquarium silicon. wella........

enjoy.

mrfish
Wed Sep 26, 2007, 12:35 PM
Hi G TAMMA

Thanks for keeping the photo updates. I have been enjoying them so I thought I would show you my little peps. This is my first batch and they are now 2 mths old. The Male breeder has just let out his next batch (too hard at the moment to tell how many there are. The sneaky little guys are so hard to find).

I have put up a photo of the little guys distructing a peice of zucinni. The other photo is of the parents tank.

All yours are looking great. Hope you enjoy.

Cheers

Mark

G_TAMMA
Thu Sep 27, 2007, 03:44 AM
Hey nice pics and congrats on the little ones.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.