PDA

View Full Version : where can I get some discus

basshead
Fri Oct 22, 2004, 05:49 PM
I'm currently living in the Azores, Portugal and I would like to purchase some discus online. I can't seem to find anybody to ship to my location. The airport here is Terceira. If anyone has any info on where, how, what? I'm just a hobbyist. I'm not a store owner or anything. I don't need mass quanities. I would just like to purchase about a dozen young ones or so. Thanks alot

flukes
Sat Oct 23, 2004, 01:54 AM
Makes it had, you will have too find out your countries importing laws and go from there. I think you will find it more trouble than what its worth.

You dont have any LFS that stock discus or have an importing licenese..??

Proteus
Sat Oct 23, 2004, 04:41 AM
What about on one of the other islands??? is Ilha de São Miguel an option???

Maybe you could get in touch with a retailer in Lisbon???

Or make enquiries into having fish shipped from the North East of the United States.

other than that there are the nearby EU countries, Spain etc...

good luck, and welcome to DF.com

basshead
Sat Oct 23, 2004, 07:10 AM
thanks for the info. I will check into one of the other islands. the lisbon thing might work also. the biggest problem is finding out where and so forth. I'm not from here. I'm american and I don't speak portuguese. I'll check on it though. there is a pet store here on the island but the discus are weak. there are not being kept well. the problem is that i'm setting up my tank in a few weeks. these fish will be dead or in very bad condition by the time I'm ready for them. thanks again