PDA

View Full Version : BOUGHT - WTB - HYDOR 300W External Heater

weird
Wed Oct 20, 2004, 12:34 PM
HYDOR 300W External Heater. I have been given a price over a phone of $89.95 from a LFS. Would like it cheaper if possible.

Also would like a Eheim Automatic Feeder. Prices I have seen in LFS are aprrox $110.

Please post comment or pm me. Thanks.

Bad Inferno
Wed Oct 20, 2004, 12:45 PM
I bought an auto feeder on the basis the LFS said it was fully programmable....That was crap as it did not have a Real-Time-Clock all I could set was the feeding in increments of 1-99 hours it did have a light sensor so it would not feed in the dark but it was far from fully programmable.

What saved me was that when it was powered on the feeding barrel did one rotation...thats great as I just used an LCD programmable 240VAC light timer and I could now set the exact time I wanted to feed which was three times a day. The only downside was when it was off the little heater & fan within the unit was not going to keep the food dry. I set the feeder high above the tank and made a shute for the food.

Chris McMahon
Fri Oct 22, 2004, 10:05 AM
Pity Boronia doesn't have any more Hydor heaters at $50. :D

George from G&S has some autofeeders on special at the moment. He says they are pretty good and uses them himself. Might be worth an email.

weird
Fri Oct 22, 2004, 10:28 AM
Thanks chris =)