PDA

View Full Version : Jager heater

chrissyoscar
Mon Oct 18, 2004, 02:20 AM
Does anybody know if the new Jager heaters are on the market yet. I know the the one's they've been selling have been shocking and really given Jager heaters a bad name. They basically went from one of the best heaters on the market to one of the worst. I've read on another forum that Eheim have taken over them and that the heaters have been improved and are back on the market. Does anybody know who stocks the new improved ones or haven't the hit the Australian market yet.

Oscar

xen
Mon Oct 25, 2004, 07:34 AM
Heya Oscar,

I haven't seen these new-fangled ones, but I can certainly vouch for the quality of the "old-skool" Jagers. I still have the one I bought with my original tropical tank in high school. It's now in my discus, 14 years later, and hasn't missed a beat in that time.

Let us know if you track any down - I think one good $90 heater that lasts is better than 4x$20 ones that could fry your fish when they break.

Cheers!
John

chrissyoscar
Mon Oct 25, 2004, 09:37 PM
Ok the only place I found that sell them is www.aquaria.com.au. Here's the link to the actual page http://www.aquaria.com.au/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=e181102b8b508a27 fdd36e48973515c1&keywords=jager
At the momment they're out of stock but I did email them and was told that they're expecting new stock from there supplier at the end of November.
I then emailed them to ask if the Jager heaters are the new improved version but I never got a reply.
When they come in I'll ask again.

Oscar