PDA

View Full Version : feeding white discus

Escher
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 02:22 PM
Silly question: do you still feed tetra coloured bits to white discus or is there a chance of spoiling their colour? :?:

kevkoi
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 02:48 PM
May go a little pinkish onthe head...

sunshinediscus
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 09:21 PM
Whites will turn very golden/yellowish if they are fed large amounts of tetra bits.

Rod

weird
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 10:09 PM
Kewl ... sorry ... oh. I think sera is bringing out discus bits for blues, and discus bits for reds. Not the exact names, but you should be able to find it. Maybe the blue formula is something to consider ? Don't know how you would work out what to feed if you have a combination of red and blue discus ... but that would be a good problem to have.

sunshinediscus
Mon Oct 18, 2004, 02:26 AM
Is the red and blue Sera comeing to Australia?? Thats great, i use the regular sera discus granules and like them for the fish a lot, i've noticed the blue and red formula's on sera's website and thought they would be great for us here. I reacon your right about the blue formula being the one for white fish, i think most blue natural enhancer foods use spirulina algae which shouldn't affect the white fish other than making the slight blue sheen in the fins slightly stronger.

Rod

jim
Fri Oct 22, 2004, 03:22 AM
Hi guys, do you know which brand is good for yellow/golden colour discus? 2 of my golden discus turn into orange colour as I feed them too much Tetra bits...

And yeah. Tetra bits also turn my snow white discus into pinkish colour...