PDA

View Full Version : Snake Skin

Fat Discus
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 05:48 AM
What type of snake skin do I have? An educated guess on its sex would be great too. Tha

Fat Discus
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 05:51 AM
more photos

Fat Discus
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 05:52 AM
last one

Fat Discus
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 05:57 AM
It was presumed that it was the female of pr that I bought a while back ago, but since then iv only gotten up to the egg stage, no wriggles as of yet. I think i may have 2 females. Oh well back to the community tank they go

the german
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 09:39 AM
you cant really tell the sex at this age,looks like a young fish,i think something between 9-14 month,i would wait a while and let them grow before start breeding.

nice fish

Fat Discus
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 11:31 AM
would you recommend another 6 months in the community tank?

scott bowler
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 01:19 PM
hi Fat discus you have a nice young fish there it has a lot of growing to do though . the colour will come out more .it has a good shape . put it back in the community tank for a while and try again in about 6 months or so . it will get better you will see .

Fat Discus
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 02:34 PM
Just as I was typing the second post and planing to move them back into the community tank, they spawned!!!!. Yippy!!! This time I had the pleasure of watching them spawned. I watched them do there trial run up the pot plant and eventually the female (photo above) layed it eggs. The so thought partner a blue snake skin thought to be a female as well followed her closely as she layed her eggs. Is it possable that two females can go through courtship? I guess ill have to wait and see if I get wriggles this time. Fingers crossed

Fat Discus
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 03:25 PM
Back to my first question, Any chance one of you guys can tell me what type of snake skin my fish is

tha

MSD
Wed Dec 26, 2007, 08:21 PM
Gorgeous fish! Yo are very lucky to have them, what do you plan to feed them?

ILLUSN
Wed Dec 26, 2007, 10:19 PM
Nice shape and good markings, I believe the color and spots will come out more as she grows up, the downside would be the eye, not as red as possible, but a good mate will fix that in the fry.

as for strain red spotted snakeskin? there is definately red in the fins.

nicholas76
Wed Dec 26, 2007, 11:58 PM
A stunning fish when it hits a nice large size, find a mate for it and dont be shy on the feeding!

Dee
Thu Dec 27, 2007, 01:07 AM
Looks ALOT like the Roy Khoo WLSS's (web leopard snake skin) I had a few years back ... very nice SS's. With the right care it will develop into a stunning adult.

Cheers,

Dee.