PDA

View Full Version : Uaru and discus

jai-lil
Sat Jun 09, 2007, 10:50 AM
I am new to this site, just wondering if you guys have any experience keeping uaru and discus together. I have a 20cm uaru, 12cm brilliant blue turquoise, 8cm solid thai yellow and 6cm red turquoise in a divided 6ft tank (they have 3ft of it). I have large adult breeding pair of oscars in other side which i have had for 4 years now. I am thinking of adding a couple of peppermint bristlenose in with the discus and uaru. I have heard stories of sucking cat fish sucking the sides of discus and uarus, has anyone had this happen to them? I have been keeping discus for 4 months now and wondering if this set up will cause any problems.

Ben
Sat Jun 09, 2007, 01:47 PM
Should be all good mate. Dont let the oscars get to the discus! And remember! Uaru's love eating plants!

Peppermints will be fine.

Oh...welcome to the forum.

cheers
Ben

JamezMan
Sun Sep 02, 2007, 11:13 PM
Anyone else agree?

scott bowler
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 08:29 AM
yes i agree with ben i think they will be ok ,and i have Peppermints in my discus tanks . so i know there ok good luck with it all.

JamezMan
Thu Sep 06, 2007, 11:25 PM
What about geos with discus, could that work?

mrfish
Fri Oct 05, 2007, 12:15 PM
I keep Geos with mine

2 Red Melon Discus
1 Blue Snakeskin Discus
1 Red Turquoise Discus
2 Geophagus Abalios
2 Gymnogeophagus Balzanii
4 Satanoperca Leucosticta
1 Albino Gibbi
2 Adult Peppermint Bristlenose
1 Ghost Knife
1 Siamese Alge Eater

Although not all in the tank at the same time. All these fish have at some stage spent time in my 110g tank with my discus and have all got on fine. I have found that the discus are the first ones to the food. Only the discus and leucosticta will eat from my hand.

Cheers

Mark