PDA

View Full Version : My new fish

chrissyoscar
Sat Jun 09, 2007, 10:06 AM
Well it's been about 2mths maybe longer since i lost my 2 angels so i figured i've waited long enough.
I went and payed Ben a visit the other day and this is what i walked out with.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s217/chrissyoscar/lionfish.jpg

Ben
Sat Jun 09, 2007, 10:48 AM
Ossie! he/she has settled in very well!

Dont get stung!

chrissyoscar
Mon Jun 11, 2007, 11:01 PM
It took about 7 days for him to settle in but now that he has he's moving around the tank and much happier.

Dee
Tue Jun 12, 2007, 01:08 PM
Hi Oscar,

Very nice fish mate .... nice score !

I'm not game to keep anything like that mate ... Knowing me I'd vague out when I have me hands in the tank and end up in intensive care :roll: :lol: :P

Cheers,

Dee.

Robdog
Tue Jun 12, 2007, 03:49 PM
Do those guys come after you or only when they feel threatened?

chrissyoscar
Tue Jun 12, 2007, 11:10 PM
I'm not game to keep anything like that mate ... Knowing me I'd vague out when I have me hands in the tank and end up in intensive care

Thanks Dee, I'm the same as you so it's only a matter of time before I accidentally touch a spine and see how much pain those stings really are.

Do those guys come after you or only when they feel threatened?

From what I can see they are very peaceful and will move away from you. The biggest problem I believe is when they get used to you they might come up out of curiosity or for food.
I don't believe they'll attack so any sting will be accidental. As i've been told just know where the fish is and if your hands have to be in the tank for an extended period gently move him away with a net or something if needed .

nicholas76
Wed Jun 13, 2007, 07:00 AM
ozzie also keeps a rattle snake in his jocks

well what i hear anyway

chrissyoscar
Wed Jun 13, 2007, 10:34 PM
ozzie also keeps a rattle snake in his jocks

well what i hear anyway

Who have you been talking to Nick? 8-)

Palpatine
Thu Jun 14, 2007, 02:11 AM
The sting from a lionfish isn't as bad as most think. It also depends on the fish and its maturity. For the most part it can range from a greenant bite to something like a bee sting. The area will go numb and feel quite sore for at least an hour.

If you do get stung run the wound under hot water for as long as you can stand it, it helps with the poison.

If you've ever been stung by a bee and had a bad reaction to it you should be extra careful. Some people can suffer an extreme reaction and suffer anaphylactic shock, where your throat swells up and stops you breathing.

If you're REALLY worried about this happening, you should look into keeping an epi-pen handy.

chrissyoscar
Thu Jun 14, 2007, 06:15 AM
If you've ever been stung by a bee and had a bad reaction to it you should be extra careful. Some people can suffer an extreme reaction and suffer anaphylactic shock, where your throat swells up and stops you breathing.

If you're REALLY worried about this happening, you should look into keeping an epi-pen handy.

Thanks Palpatine, that's very interesting. My son has a cashew allergy so we have an epi-pen handy and it's good knowing it can also be used on me if needed. :roll:

nicholas76
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 07:04 AM
update pics ozz!

you still have the little stinger?

chrissyoscar
Wed Aug 29, 2007, 08:15 PM
Yes i still have the lion he's doing well.
I need to give the tank a good clean as I've been doing the garden. The builders left the front and back yard a mess with clay, broken bricks and all sorts of building materials mixed in so I've been busy removing a lot of dirt etc. Give me a few weeks and i'll post updates of everything in the tank.
Some of the corals are thriving a few not so but overal it's looking good.

nicholas76
Sun Sep 23, 2007, 12:22 AM
OZ

pics bro!

rogerowen
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:25 PM
Check the photobucket.I think it is now deleted or moved.Hope further you I will see further after these.I like to see the photos of new fish.These are very awesome with beautiful colorful pictures.