PDA

View Full Version : *** STOLEN *** 5ft x 2ft custom built stand, SYDNEY

Proteus
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 07:50 AM
FYI,

For all Sydney members & guests, I had a visit from a scumbag who decided they wanted a new cabinet for a fish tank.

My 5ft x 2ft custom built raw stand (900mm high and Heritage styling) was stolen from my garage along with the matching twin access hood.

Police are investigating matters as it is an unusual theft, also taking into account the fact that the tank that is required is not a standard off the shelf size of tank.

The stand does have a couple of distinguishing features, which I will mostly keep to myself and the Police, but the bracing was specially placed to accomodate the unusual sized sump... In other words, it will be very easy to recognise if found.

The scumbag who did this obviously had access to a large van, utility or truck, plus an offsider as it isnt exactly a small item, or light either.

I will be persuing this unreservedly and using every resource available to me to catch this low life creature. Realistically, there is only a slight chance the scumbag will be found, but if anyone knows anything, please come forward.

nicklee88
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 07:57 AM
hey,

sorry to hear Ro, bet you feel really pi**ed, i would be too,

were you home/sleeping when it happpen,

hope the police catch them and lock em up and throw away the key,

Proteus
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 08:12 AM
all I want is 2 minutes with them...

2 Months ago it was 2 Mountain Bikes stolen

2 yrs ago, another 2 Bikes stolen

Time to move I think, so much for Miranda being a safe suburb.

Chris McMahon
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 09:20 AM
Time to move I think, so much for Miranda being a safe suburb.Sorry to hear. I assume it was a standard rollerdoor they forced? Maybe a alarm with several loud sirens would work - not to alert people but to deafen the thieves.

The US has the right idea. I always wanted one of their ceiling mounted pop-down room-wide pepper sprayers, pity they are illegal here.

Of course there's always the large dog route.

kalebjarrod
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 08:55 AM
i have two barking dogs, and these little suckers GO OFF

every house in our street got raided in one of those organized truck and 5 blokes system

our house, and the neighbours ecah side where the only house's not effected

the cops came to question me to find out why? they got within 10m and knew the reason

robbery eats crap, sorry

Mattzilla
Mon Oct 18, 2004, 09:33 AM
spewing rohan!!!! that really pisses me off when i hear about things like this happening...especially when it happens to a friend.

i'll keep a very sharp eye out.

matt

Annie
Tue Oct 19, 2004, 06:40 AM
That is sooo crappy....I wish you the best in getting it back, and soon...

Escher
Tue Oct 26, 2004, 03:34 AM
Tha's why my other passion comes really handy: German Shepherds. Mother and son keep a good eye! :twisted: