PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Angel Fry

WinnY
Wed May 23, 2007, 05:53 AM
Hi Guys,

What do you feed to newly free swimming angels that don't have their parents with them?

Their egg yolk sac seems to have disappeared and they can now swim around the tank.

Cheers

Merrilyn
Wed May 23, 2007, 07:43 AM
Newly hatched baby brine shrimp is the ideal first food. If you don't have time to hatch them yourself, then you can buy them frozen from your local fish shop.

Another food you can try is finely crushed flake food, but it's not really as good as the baby brine shrimp. A mix of the two would be good

You can also buy speciality fry rearing foods from your fish store, but in my opinion, nothing beats newly hatched baby brine :P

DiscusMad
Wed May 23, 2007, 12:15 PM
I use micro worm for there first to 2nd week depending on there growth but I'm lazy so I don't use baby brine shrimp and I don't realy have the time to set up a daily set up for the baby brine shrimp

WinnY
Thu May 24, 2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the advices.

Greatly appreciated! :P

eykw
Thu May 24, 2007, 01:59 AM
I ve experiemented with all sort of different food. agree with LR. i ve tried rotifer, frozen BBS etc. but nothing beats LIVE baby brine shrimp. and i used to buy live BBS from LFS and they were very expensive!!! i ve recently started hatching my own and it's really not that hard to do (just need some planning) and the fry survival rate is amazing compare to other food! you will need to feed yours real soon though!!! good luck